Subject: Enron's Matching Gift Program
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 00:40:00 -0700 (PDT)

Tim -- Cindy manages this program.
Mary -- please give some thought to how we might solicit employee views on 
this.
Cindy -- I believe we already allow matching of donations to quasi-religious 
organizations: religious schools, for example, and perhaps relief 
organizations like Catholic Relief Services?  I think that if we want to 
consider extending it we should probably discuss it in a smaller group than 
the e-speak forum --  the Enron Foundation Board perhaps?  This could become 
controversial, though (recall the Planned Parenthood debate and the periodic 
attempts of shareholders to add restrictions through the proxy mechanism).
---------------------- Forwarded by Steven J Kean/HOU/EES on 08/01/2000 07:32 
AM ---------------------------

Timothy J Detmering@ECT
07/31/2000 05:52 PM
To: Steven J Kean/HOU/EES@EES
cc:  
Subject: Enron's Matching Gift Program

Here is one I just know you will like to spend time on.  I want to try to 
convince us to change our matching gift program to allow matching of gifts to 
religious organizations.  My suggestion: hold a discussion on eThink, and the 
let employees cast a vote.  Please advise.