Subject: New Summer Release
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 03:27:00 -0700 (PDT)

This draft looks ok to me.  Just to make sure the logic is being transmitted 
to the authors of the communiques, we obvioiusly need to get a pop for the 
investment community from selling assets and increasing return on equity.  At 
the same time we need to communicate to partners, customers and regulators 
that Enron is still there, which is the basis for some of our contracts and 
concessions.  This dual benefit is the main conceptual value in the summer 
deal, if it is done, and needs to guide our communication strategy which will 
inevitably involve the same message going to investors as goes to our 
counterparts in the markets in question.
,---------------------- Forwarded by James M Bannantine/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT on 
08/03/2000 10:14 AM ---------------------------

Miguel Padron@ENRON
08/02/2000 01:20 PM
To: James M Bannantine/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Randy 
Young/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ECT
cc:  

Subject: New Summer Release

	

See attachment...please provide feedback.  Miguel
---------------------- Forwarded by Miguel Padron/SA/Enron on 08/02/2000 
02:20 PM ---------------------------

Karen Denne
08/02/2000 11:29 AM
To: John Ambler/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Dennis 
Vegas/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Keith Miceli/Corp/Enron@Enron, 
Johan Zaayman/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Steven J Kean/HOU/EES@EES, 
Mary Joyce/HR/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Aaron Brown/HR/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Miguel 
Padron/SA/Enron@Enron, Janie Bonnard/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
cc:  

Subject: New Summer Release

	

The attached draft press release incorporates IR's comments.