Subject: weekly report
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 00:17:00 -0700 (PDT)

Ecoelectrica - The meeting with the USEPA occurred on Tuesday August 1, 2000 
in San Juan, Puerto Rico.  Marc Phillips participated and reported that the 
meeting was non adversarial and the overall opinion of the Ecoelectrica 
participants was that it went well.  EPA stated that it was apparent that 
Ecoelectrica had put forth a significant effort in responding to the 
compliance notice.  Ecoelectrica promised to send additional requested 
information to clarify some of the issues identified at the meeting.  EPA 
will review the information presented at the meeting and follow-up with 
Ecoelectrica. There is still a potential for a penalty.

Enron Building Safety - in response to an employee request regarding work 
area safety, Scott Watson reviewed the 12th floor and developed a series of 
recommendations regarding reconstruction activities.  Scott will work with 
Henry Terech to review other areas for similar issues.  Henry has been very 
receptive to the to the safety support.

 Lagos Emergency Power Plant (9 barges - Nigeria) - Joe Kolb reviewed 
proposal by ERM to gather baseline information and write environmental impact 
assessment (EIA ) and provided comments to Robert Missen.  Also, alerted 
Lauren Goldblatt to project.

Best Management Practices - Joe Kolb completed discussions with consultant on 
proposed revisions to pipeline construction environmental BMPs.  Discussed 
strategy for obtaining "buy in" from key people within Enron.    Also, left 
message with Alex de Alarez explaining project as it relates to fiber optic 
cables and seeking a meeting.  Consultant is now beginning work on the 
electric and fiber optic portions.

Cuiaba II - Joe Kolb participated in conference call.  Public hearing on 
Monday went very well.  They had given presentations to several concerned 
groups/agencies prior to the hearing and, as a result, few people showed up 
and there were no controversy or accusatory questions.  Also, folks from the 
Rio Gen project were there to observe as they prepare for public 
consultation/hearing.

Annual Report - Susan Worthen is making minor modifications to the report to 
ensure as much information regarding emission reductions, etc. are properly 
conveyed.  Graphics were selected for feature and The Image Center is working 
to  gather the images and photos for the final layout.  The final draft is 
expected to be available for review by mid to end of next week. 

Greenhouse Gas Inventory - Susan Worthen attended a workshop sponsored by the 
Pew Center to discusss various strategies and lessons learned by other 
companies.  Working with Mary Schoen to identify EPA contact for a demo of 
the Climate Wise software, which Sunoco highly recommended as did another 
company previously did.  A.D. Little was  hired to review the Enron 
greenhouse gas estimates  and verify them as being calculated accurately 
prior to potential public communication. They have identified systematic 
mathematical and formula (methodology) errors in our international 
inventory.  Ramiro Garcia (Enron contract environmentalist) is assisting with 
the revision.  ADL will present their findings to us next week.  

ENEL, Nicaragua - Mike Fuentes is performing the environmental due 
diligence.  Don Stevens will perform the cost estimate.