Subject: weekly report
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 04:56:00 -0700 (PDT)

Houston Non-Attainment Regulations - Marc Phillips is representing the TXOGA 
Pipeline Committee at a meeting with TNRCC regarding the Houston 
Non-Attainment regulations. After the TNRCC meeting he will attend a meeting 
with TXOGA and the Intrastate Pipeline Association to discuss their 
differences on discussions with TNRCC regarding voluntary controls on 
"Grandfathered" facilities.

OEC Environmental Issues - Marc Phillips, Jim Peterson and Russ Tucker 
interviewed OEC management to discuss the environmental issues that are 
important at the OEC peaking facilities. The Reg Tech Group will use this 
information when reviewing state and federal regulations with impacts on 
Enron.

NEPCO OSHA Compliance - Russell Tucker responded to a request from Tony 
Bolar-Softich,EE&CC and NEPCO Safety Director, for a search of all OSHA 
violations resulting in a fine or proposed fine as a result of inspections at 
any construction jobs in 10 specific locations where NEPCO has upcoming jobs. 
This resulted in information keyed directly for the OSHA Areas Office 
inspection activity for all of the upcoming job locations.  Tony plans to use 
this data to verify compliance within NEPCO for any of the violations of 
record.

Safety Notice on OSHA Policy For Treatment of Employer Safety Self-Audits - 
Russell Tucker sent out a Safety Notice to al Enron safety specialists 
covering the final policy recently released by OSHA describing the Agency's 
treatment of voluntary employer self-audits. This formalizes and clarifies 
the way OSHA may obtain an employer's voluntary self-audits, how they may 
help an employer during an inspection or when discovery may be the basis for 
issuing a willful citation.

Annual Report -   Chairman's statement was finally approved.  Comments 
submitted on 2nd draft copy.  The report will be posted on the intranet site 
under "New and Notable" and on the external site under "  Due to some final 
edits, publication will be either Friday or Monday. (Susan Worthen)

Federal Solutions/Military Bases - Met with Scott Porter and Charlie Thompson 
of EES to discuss the baseline implications of two military bases that EES 
has been shortlisted.  Also was given two contacts to discuss permitting and 
other issues associated with their services. (Susan Worthen)
Corporate Responsibility Brochure - Collected electronic copies of new Vision 
and Values, EHS Principles and Standards, Human Rights Policy, and relevant 
sections of Code of Ethics for Corporate Responsibility Booklet, which will 
be translated (European-related languages) for distribution with a 
committment letter from Ken Lay.  Lauren Goldblatt is working with Kelly to 
get the letter drafted and approved by Ken Lay. (Susan Worthen)

ENEL, Nicaragua - Worked with Dave Nutt, corporate legal environmental , to 
provide contract language regarding Phase II sampling and indemnification. 
(Susan Worthen/Don Stevens)

Intranet Site Development - We have completed the inception document and are 
initiating the elaboration document.  Both of these are required "procedures" 
by Enron NetWorks.  After completion of the Elaboration document, coding and 
design of the actual site will begin.  Gavin Dillinham needs information from 
Jeff Keeler regarding Joel Bluestein's services and links.  We are pushing 
for something up and running by the end of October, but Angela Morris  (Enron 
Networks) has forewarned us that it could be December. (Gavin Dillingham, 
Susan Worthen/Jeff Keeler)

EHS Service Opportunities - I communicated to Rick Hill, ENA that I can act 
as a point of contact for EHS-related needs pertaining to holding companies 
that we offer our partners certain management services for cost + 5%.  EES is 
interested in offering clients and customers similar services and I am in 
discussion with them. (Susan Worthen)

Greenhouse Gas Inventory Verification - Presentation by A.D.Little, 
contractor hired to perform verification of our inventory numbers and formula 
is chdeduled for today.  (Susan Worthen)