From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 02:05:00 -0700 (PDT)

EPA Comments on Combined Cycle turbines - Marc Phillips submitted Enron's 
comments to EPA regarding their guidance document on control requirements 
during permitting of combined cycle turbines. Enron supports EPA's 
flexibility in considering control options other than SCR when determining 
the control requirements.

TNRCC Comments on Houston Non-attainment Regulations - Marc Phillips is 
preparing Enron's comments to TNRCC regarding their proposed regulations for 
the Houston Non-attainment area. Enron will be supporting the Business 
Coalition for Clean Air (BCCA) comments, but will have additional comments on 
the cap and trade program and engine control requirements. The draft comments 
will be circulated on Friday for submittal on Monday.

TNRCC Inspection of Mont Belvieu facility - Marc Phillips assisted plant 
personnel with a TNRCC air inspection of the Mont Belvieu underground storage 
facility.

Greenhouse Gas Emission Credits - Marc Phillips has been discussing a 
possible trade with Indaco, a company that surveys gas pipeline compressor 
stations for methane leaks. Indaco will perform a survey at a station in 
Kansas in return for greenhouse gas emission credits. He has been talking to 
Enron traders to determine the value of a greenhouse gas credit.

Enron Day of Caring - Russell Tucker provided employee safety oversight 
during the Enron Day of Caring activities at the Depelchan Children's Center. 
Safety concerns encountered ranged from the intended use of Benzene 
containing materials without proper personal protective equipment to 
inhalation, skin contact and fire hazards in handling flammable solvents. 
Safety supplies were ordered and distributed prior to the start of the 
projects for the hazards known to exist.

Enron Ergo Program Evaluation - Russell Tucker reports 50% of the 3 AC Enron 
proposed Ergo Program evaluations are complete with some program bugs being 
reported and already being addressed by the software development team. All 
exit interviews report very positive on the program itself and highly 
recommend it. Linda Adels continues to work with EDS to get the CBT program 
installed and the workstation assessment available on the Internet for the 
Enron Building participants. EDS is requiring a security request be made for 
each person to load  the CD-ROM's and updating of the Internet browser on all 
the involved computers. None of these problems would be present with these 
programs installed and run from the Enron Intranet, which is the intended 
method should the program be adopted for global use. 

Environmental Notice on Corps of Engineers Revisions - Jim Peterson is 
preparing an Environmental Notice on the Corps of Engineers revisions to the 
nation-wide permit regulations.

Enron House Presentations-Mike Terraso made EHS organization and role 
presentations in London to the operations/engineering group sponsored by 
Brian Stanley and the government affairs group sponsored by Mark Schroeder .  
The annual EHS report was reviewed with the groups.

US-UK Discussion Group on Security and Human Rights in the Extractive Sector 
-Mike Terraso participated in the US State Department/ British  Foreign and 
Commonwealth  Office sponsored review of the draft agreement on security and 
human rights.  Other industry participants included Occidental Petroleum, 
Freeport -Mac Moran, Conoco, Chevron, Shell , BP, Rio Tinto, Texaco.  NGOs 
represented were Prince of Wales, Amnesty International, International Alert, 
Business for Social Responsibility, and Human Rights Watch.  The revised 
draft agreement will be sent to participants by the US State Department on 
September 29th.

Conference Board Chief EHS officers Council - Mike Terraso , at the request 
of the Conference Board, made a presentation on corporate responsibility and 
reputation to the international conference convening in London.

 Shell International Oil and Gas- Mike Terraso met with Shell International 
governance and EHS management.  Mechanisms to better coordinate personnel 
visits, audits and action plans , contractor reviews were discussed  and 
agreed upon.

Cuiaba II - Joe Kolb  reports that OPIC release of funding for Cuiaba I is 
now the end of September.  This means that work on the compressor stations 
will not begin in earnest until then.  I expect to view proposed and 
alternate compressor station locations during next visit to area now expected 
to be in late October.  Edgar Zuleta (Corp EH&S) in Bolivia is providing 
valuable assistance in coordinating trip plans.

BMPs - Joe Kolb is waiting for a response from Norm Spalding (EE&CC) whom 
Jerry Martin assigned the proposed pipeline BMPs for review.  A message has 
been left with Norm.  A response was promised by the end of last week.   Bill 
Osborne (GPG) received feedback from Steenberg and Shafer in GPG.  All 
comments helpful and none propose significant changes to document.  Bill 
Osborne has sent BMPs to others within GPG.  GPG reorg may delay responses.  
Wilson Dietrich (Enron Broad Band) has indicated that he will be the proper 
person to review fiber optic BMPs.  The consultant is proceeding with work on 
the electric transmission and fiber optic BMPs.  Wilson will be sent draft as 
soon as it is received.

Project Dolphin - Joe Kolb met with Michael Johns (contact employee of EE&CC) 
to discuss status of environmental component of this middle eastern pipeline 
project.  Things are moving slowly.  An RFP has been sent out and responses 
from 7 environmental consulting firms  are being reviewed.  The RFP is for 
the EIA and EIA field work.  They expect to choose a consultant in about 2 
weeks.  Field work is expected to begin after the first of the year.  The 
project has been scaled back.

World Resources Institute Conference - Susan Worthen represented Enron at the 
WRI Conference in Washington, D.C., which featured panel discussions on a 
number of environmental and social issues facing corporations.  Besides 
corporate representatives, Greenpeace, Friends of the Earth, The Nature 
Conservancy, Habitat for Animals, World Wildlife Fund, Conservation 
International and the NRDC.  Many recognized and applauded Enron for its 
first appearance and partication.  There may be potential interest in working 
with WRI on future projects.

Environmental Policy Center - We have subscribed to a trial subscription of  
EPC's environmental and safety regulatory and legislative monitoring service 
for Brazil and U.K. and have received the first electronic report.  We are 
now awaiting feedback from regional reviewers to determine if there is 
anything we would like to enhance or change prior to signing an agreement for 
continued and expanded service.  This service will allow the Reg/Leg, 
Environmental Strategies, and regional EHS personnel to track pending and 
proposed legislation in other countries.

SW