From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 02:58:00 -0700 (PDT)

Corporate EHS Staff Meeting- The first EHS (my direct reports and their 
staff) all employee staff meeting will convene at 8 am Monday September 11. 
The primary objective of teh meeting is to enhance communication and 
awareness within the group.

ENEL - Nicaragua - Don Stevens is currently reviewing a proposed governmental 
environmental regulation regarding on-site landfills and sanitary systems 
which could add increased costs to the project and will supply Orlando Puig 
(Developer) with a short write up on the actions and costs associated with 
the proposed regulation.   

ISAGEN - Colombia - A revised scope of work to cover EH&S requirements was 
provided to Harza Consultants by Don Stevens.  The site visits are being 
conducted by Harza Consultants this week.  No Enron employees will be 
traveling to Colombia due to social unrest.  

Project Inga - ENA East/West - ENA is investigating a stock purchase of 
Ahlstrom Development Corporation's holdings in five coal fired power 
facilities.  Two of the facilities (ACE Generation Company and Mt. Poso 
Cogeneration Company) are located in California.  Three of the facilities 
(Panther Creek Partners, Inter-Power Ahlcon LP (Colver) and Gilberton Power 
Company) are located in Pennsylvania.  ENA has contracted RTP Environmental 
Associates to conduct the due diligence (fatal flaw) and site visits.  The 
site visits will be conducted 9/5/00 - 9/8/00 for the California facilities 
and 9/12/00 - 9/15/00 for the Pennsylvania facilities.  Don Stevens will be 
conducting the environmental review of RTP's report.  The commercial 
objective is to restructure the PPA.

EH&S Compliance Requirements Summary - Susan Worthen is developing the 
Summary with the intent  to provide Enron commercial groups with a brief 
understanding of EH&S requirements necessary in operating a facility.  The 
Summary will be routed to other EH&S individuals within Enron for their input 
before distribution or use in meetings.

Eletrobolt PP (Brazil) - Joe Kolb participated in a conference call regarding 
this project ; another power plant situated immediately adjacent to RioGen 
PP, with some compression on the natural gas pipeline lateral being 
constructed for RioGen.  RioGen and Eletrobolt have different ownership 
mixes.  Environmental impact assessment and air emission modeling are 
critical path issues.

CEP Survey - Susan Worthen and Lauren Golblatt provided information to Gwynn 
Hanmer Gorush (community affairs) for a survey by the Council on Economic 
Priorities.

Enron Methanol Plant Economic Study - Marc Phillips submitted information to 
the Business Coalition for Clean Air (BCCA) regarding the economic impact of 
the proposed NOx RACT rules on the methanol plant reformer and engines. The 
total cost to install controls and electrify the engines at the methanol 
plant is estimated at $18.2 million.

Participation on ANSI Standard Setting Committee - Russell Tucker has been 
accepted as an Observer member on the Accredited Standards Committee for the 
Z10 Occupational Health and Safety Systems proposed ANSI standard. The 
completion of this ANSI standard will have an impact on all Enron companies 
in the US and territories, followed thereafter with impact to Enron 
international interest involved in ISO certifications. Russell Tucker will 
also serve on the API Z10 task force.

Ergonomics Software Program - Russ Tucker is coordinating an Enron pilot 
computer based training program on ergonomics.  the purpose is to grandfather 
Enron prior to passage of prescriptive OSHA regulations requiring such a 
training program for any employee who uses a computer for 50% of their work 
effort. However, everyone must not necessarily have used the software 
training program before the regulations pass. There are costs saving in 
becoming grandfathered, because of the flexibility of using the computer 
based training program in lieu of the prescriptive OSHA programs.

Caledonia Power Plant - The Mississippi Environmental Enforcement Division 
conducted an unannounced environmental inspection at the EES OEC power 
plant.  No significant issues were identified in the inspection.

EES Origination - Mike Terraso facilitated an introduction of EES Harold 
Buchanan and Michael Mann to General Motors Vice President of Environmental 
and Energy to initiate a energy outsourcing proposal.

Pipeline Safety Legislation- Jeff Keeler continues to lead the Enron effort 
in monitoring and influencing the Senate and House versions of potential 
pipeline safety legislation.  He is working closely with Stan Horton and 
David Johnson in GPG. The Senate version passed late on Thursday September 
7th.