Subject: weekly report
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 00:47:00 -0700 (PDT)

Transredes Oil Spills
 Oruru- the Bolivian Superintendence of Hydrocarbons fined Transredes 
$114,000 for failing to conduct proper maintenance to the OSSA-2 pipeline 
resulting in 
the January 30,2000 oil release. 
The  Parotani and Chorety river oil spills have been cleaned up.  At Chorety 
the river was open to normal use.  Drinking water is no longer being 
delivered to the 
communities since the river water has passed drinking water quality 
analytical tests.  Bolivian regulatory agency visited the Parotani site and 
found additional 
contamination.  A crew was sent to clean up the newly found contamination.  
Transredes at the request of the Bolivian Forestry Department planted 350 
trees in
 this area. 

Houston Non-Attainment Study - Marc Phillips is putting together information 
on the economic impact of the proposed Houston non-attainment regulations on 
the Enron methanol plant for the Business Coalition for Clean Air (BCCA) 
economic study. The information will be submitted to the BCCA consultant by 
mid-September. The reciprocating engines and reformer at the methanol plant 
will be required to be controlled in 2003 and 2004.

List of International Environmental Emergency Responders  D Ronkanein 
conducted a telephone and  internet search.    Most responders identified
were USA based. This list will be reviewed with other Enron entities for 
final selection to enter into a service agreements with qualified emergency 
response
companies. 

Transredes  EHS Organization - Henry Van and Greg Marino met with Peter 
Weidler to discuss approaches for assessing the EHS management system 
for Transredes. 

ENA - Honey Lake (California) Power Facility- an employee was burned in a 
flash fire ,presumably caused by wood chip dust ignited by a electric spark, 
while monitoring the hopper loading operation.  Scott Watson is assisting 
plant management in the investigation and with CalOSHA visits to the facility.

Lagos Emergency Power Plant - the environmental impact assessment  (EIA) 
process begins in 2 weeks. A waiver from Nigeria was granted to begin 
work on power barges now - while EIA is under development.  Expect EIA 
completion this fall. Nine  barges are being refurbished one at a time on 
site and 
will be put into service as the refurbishing is completed.  Water injection 
is required to reduce NOx to conform to World Bank standards.  The water 
treatment 
plant will completed by about the time that the 7th barge is place into 
service.  Then the 8th and 9th and the already operating barges will receive 
water injection.
  As a result of negotiations with Nigeria the barges will use natural gas to 
fuel the generators at a  new site immediately adjacent to an existing power 
plant.  

Metgas Pipeline - Joe Kolb reviewed and provided comments to Paul Perisho on 
the draft environmental management  plan (EMP 

ENEL, Nicaragua -  Mike Fuentes completed the site visits for the 
environmental due diligence this week.  An executive summary and preliminary 
cost estimate is expected early next week.

Annual Report - The mark up draft is ready for review. Photos were not 
acceptable and waiting for Ken Lay signature the chairman statement. A  photo 
session for internal, operations and field  EHS subjects scheduled for 
Tuesday.  The web version of the report (without recently added photos) will 
be ready for intranet posting by mid week. When the additional photos have 
been inserted, a new report will be posted.