Subject: EPA Asst. Administrator for Air Appointment
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 01:53:00 -0800 (PST)

Steve:  

Attached is a memo I have prepared on Chris Hessler, whose name has been 
submitted to the White House by Gov. Whitman as candidate for AA for Air and 
Radiation at EPA.

I believe Enron should weigh in to the White House fairly soon in support of 
Whitman's decision to appoint Hessler to AA for Air.  

Linda Robertson has reviewed the memo.  Her only concern is that we be 
careful in our approach to backing this candidate when Senator Jim Inhofe 
(R-OK) is pushing for another candidate. Linda suggests that we discuss 
strategy on this in DC on Tuesday, when you and I are both in town.   I have 
no problem waiting until Tuesday, but seem to remember that Ken Lay may be 
leaving town and we may need to get talking points in his hands sooner -- I 
await your guidance on this.

Information on the EPA Region IX candidate coming soon -- still waiting to 
interview the guy with Dave Parquet/Sam Wehn, who I want to ask some tough 
questions about some of the problematic energy/air issues in CA.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeffrey Keeler
Director, Environmental Strategies
Enron
Washington DC office - (202) 466-9157
Cell Phone (203) 464-1541