Subject: Joskow Paper on Industry Restructuring
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 09:52:00 -0800 (PST)

---------------------- Forwarded by Cynthia Sandherr/Corp/Enron on 12/14/99 
06:58 PM ---------------------------

"Moler, Elizabeth" <[email-masked]> on 12/10/99 03:17:35 PM
To: "'Runyan, John'" <[email-masked]>, Cynthia 
Sandherr/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Allison Navin/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Joskow Paper on Industry Restructuring

Here's Paul Joskow's paper from the AEI/Brookings conference today.  Given
his stature in the industry, I think the quote on page 104 may be useful.

"I do not believe that in the long run the U.S. electric power sector can
exist and prosper with a checkerboard of competitive and non-competitive
states taking power from the same transmission networks, or even with a
large number of competitive states which have adopted a wide array of
different rules and institutions for wholesale and retail competition."

Cheers.

Betsy

 - Electricity.pdf