Subject: Information Management Weekly Milestones Report - 3/02/01
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 02:29:00 -0800 (PST)

Information Management Weekly Milestones Report ) 03/02/01

General Project Status.
The evolution of this project continues.  

Last week,s IM executive sponsor meeting encouraged the IM Task Force to 
consider expanding the task force objectives to include developing a plan and 
scope beyond the existing charter.  Plans to gain Business Unit/Functional 
Unit support and Jeff Skilling,s support are being considered.  

A recommendation was made to use the time between now and 3/15/01 to focus on 
developing an HP version of the Enron portal.  It was suggested to invest the 
time and effort in evolving the current project plan and scope to ensure 
delivery of a portal envisioned in PriceWaterhouse,s HP demonstration.

Portal. 
enronanywhere.com is the portal name.

Rick Buy, Rick Causey, and Philippe Bibi viewed PriceWaterhouse,s 
demonstration of Hewlitt Packard's benchmark portal.  Each reacted favorably. 
We are scheduled to show Cindy Olson and Beth Perlman next week.  Philippe 
requested a proposal from PWC.   Further, Philippe requested George Wasaff, 
Marie Hejka, and Allan Sommer put together a cost analysis for this 
initiative.

The task force is working in with the click@home team.  Suzanne Lim Brown who 
is leading the click@home effort is an official IM Task Force member.  
Suzanne presented default page and forced information recommendations for 
enronanywhere.com.  All task force members are to provide suggestions to 
Suzanne for corrections or changes.  

Joe Wong,s organization has commissioned some internal graphic artists to 
develop some alternate portal &Look and Feels8 for enronanywhere.com.  Per 
Philippe Bibi, both enronanywhere.com and click@home should have the same 
&Look and Feel8.  This was presented to the click@home team, they are in 
agreement.

Portal development work continues by Beth Perlman,s organization. 

UDM/ESE. 
Inktomi is the Unstructured Data Management/Enterprise Search Engine tool of 
choice.  

Sue Vasan, the UDM/ESE pilot project coordinator and Business Analyst, 
delivered the UDM/ESE inception document.  This document defines the business 
and IT objectives for the pilot.  

Application and infrastructure support for this pilot has been identified.  A 
server has been identified for the pilot.  A more specific use case study to 
thoroughly test the feature/functionality of a UDM/ESE tool is being 
identified.  Beth Perlman suggested using HR as the case study for the 
UDM/ESE tool pilot.  This due diligence will push back the delivery date of 
the UDM/ESE pilot.  

IM Strategy Proposal.
A strategy to engage BU/FU support and Jeff Skilling,s support is being 
planned.  An off-site planning session (e.g. an Accelerated Solutions 
Environment) is being considered.  Additionally, whether we build or buy our 
benchmark portal is being considered.  

Task force members and executive sponsors all agree tools need to be 
developed with a strategic focus in mind.