Subject: Information Management Weekly Milestones Report
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 09:50:00 -0800 (PST)

Information Management Weekly Milestones Report ) 02/16/01

General Project Status.
Project continues on schedule.

An IM executive sponsor meeting is scheduled for 2/23/01, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m., 
EB50M03.  All IM executive sponsors have been confirmed to attend.

Portal. 
Brandon Rigney's team has completed and presented the portal "Look and Feel" 
to the portal IT team.  Steve Kean will be presented this next week.  The 
portal "Look and Feel" meets Corp. marketing and communications guidelines 
and specifications. Brandon's team is recommending the portal name:  
anywhere.enron.com.  

Price-Waterhouse demonstrated Hewlitt Packard's benchmark portal.  Before 
this portal, HP had 9000 webpages and some 300 competing channels.  They 
consolidated their webpages down to 900.  Now they have one portal with a 
host of seamless applications available through a single sign-on process.  
Approximately 90% of employees use this tool.  The portal was unveiled in 
October of 2000.  The $30 million project costs were realized by February, 
2001.  In cost savings, HR alone has saved $10 million since October, 2000.  

PW's portal uses both Verity and Infoseek as their search engines.  The task 
force will work with PW contacts at HP to learn about their experience with 
both these tools.  

Allan Sommer has targeted resources to support the change management 
initiative for the portal pilot.  According to HP the key to success for a 
portal project is change management.  Communicate, communicate, communicate.  

Joe Wong's development team continues portal pilot development.  All 
potential portal pilot applications (in scope, out of scope, and killer 
applications) are being reviewed for delivery.

UDM/ESE. 
Verity has been selected as the UDM/ESE tool of choice to pilot.  Sue Vasan 
has been identified as the internal Business Analysts/Project Coordinator for 
the UDM/ESE pilot.  Sue, who works for Debbie Brackett in Rick Buy's 
organization, will be working this pilot effort for the next three weeks 
minimum.   

All task force members are to identify targeted audiences to test the UDM/ESE 
tool.  

All task force members are to identify a list of BU/FU applications to target 
a UDM/ESE tool to search on (e.g. LiveLink, HR systems, etc.).  

IM Strategy Proposal.
Per Steve Kean, the Task Force should continue focusing on delivering our 
objectives with little expense tagged to this project.  Task force members 
are encouraged to provide resources and support for all task force 
initiatives.

Allan Sommer is scheduled to deliver a draft of the IM Strategy Proposal.  
Allan will deliver his pre-draft work to Marie Hejka end of week.