Subject: Information Management Weekly Milestones Report
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 15:09:00 -0800 (PST)

Information Management Weekly Milestones Report ) 02/09/01

Portal. 
Portal development work continues for respective BU/FUs under Joe Wong's 
direction.  This work is based on information collected from portal surveys.  
Brandon Rigney's team committed to delivering the portal graphical treatment 
by 2/16/01.  A new portal name is being discussed.  The decision for the 
portal "look and feel" and the portal name will be made next week.  A 
"progress before perfection" approach is planned for releasing the portal.

"Killer" or "sticky" applications for the new portal are being identified and 
prioritized.  All task force members are required to identify five "killer" 
or "sticky" applications by next week's IM Task Force meeting.

Some features of Hewlitt Packard's benchmark portal are being discussed and 
targeted for development.  

Tibco 2.0 version targeted as a requirement to provide personalized color 
treatments for portal.  Allen Elliott to confirm licensing agreement for 
Tibco 2 is in place.

Single sign-on capability will require changes to the producer portal 
applications.  The single sign-on security task force has developed and 
proposed a strategy to make this happen.  The portal development is working 
this issue to ensure the eventual release of a single sign-on entry point for 
the portal.

Philippe Bibi was provided a project update.  Philippe re-emphasized the need 
to unveil a best practices portal that is simple, wanted by users, and 
value-added for users.  

UDM/ESE. 
Inktomi and Verity appear to be the choice contenders.  Since Autonomy 
requires an obtrusive amount of work on individual employees, interview 
results predict users would not support this product type.  Consequently, the 
task force does not expect to pilot Autonomy.

Business Analyst Paul Timberlake collected high level pricing for each 
vendor.  Below is a table of that information.  Paul is working with GSS's 
Peter Goebel to gain additional pricing support. Note, Paul's final report 
will have extensive licensing information for each vendor. 

Vendor	Initial Cost	Annual Support & Maintenance
Autonomy	$3,000,000	$540,000 / year support
Inktomi	$1,375,000	$206,250 / year support
Verity	$682,500
	($487,500  +  $162,500 + $32,500)	$130,000 / year support

IM Strategy Proposal.
Steve Kean attended the weekly IM Task Force meeting to get an update on the 
IM Strategy Proposal.  Although the task force was suggesting an executive 
point person be identified, Steve reminded the task force of the value of 
grassroots efforts.  The task force will remain focused on identifying and 
developing sticky portal applications to improve the flow of information 
which ultimately should increase the flow of revenue.  Steve's message to IM 
Task Force:  do what it takes to make it happen.

During the discussion with Steve, the task force reviewed HP's best practices 
portal.  Steve would like to view the HP demonstration of their best 
practices portal.  

The Task Force team met with EES' Knowledge Management team to discuss a ONE 
Enron approach to information management.  EES emphasized need for executive 
management to encourage BU/FU IM/KM coordination.