Subject: Information Management Weekly Milestones Report
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 16:39:00 -0800 (PST)

Information Management Weekly Milestones Report ) 02/02/01

Portal.
? The list of HR employees to receive the IM Portal Survey is pending 
approval.  HR is delayed because of compensation responsibilities.  Temporary 
delay will not impact pilot deliverables.
 
? The technical team is creating portal templates for the respective Business 
Units/Functional Units.  Each template will reflect BU/FU content, a similar 
&look and feel8, a dynamic technical platform (a platform which can be easily 
updated), and a secure platform (a platform which reflects the latest single 
sign on effort).

? The production server for the portal is being built.  

? myhome.enron.com is being targeted as the portal name.  Brandon Rigney has 
been consulted to provide user experience input and ensure a smooth 
transition of current users from the former myhome.enron.com site to the new 
best practices IM Task Force myhome.enron.com portal.  

? IM Task Force is investigating IT pilot project for single sign-on 
application.  The Task Force intends to provide a single sign-on interface 
for all applications accessible from portal

Unstructured Data Management/Enterprise Search Engine tool.
? A request has been made for vendors (Autonomy, Verity and Inktomi) to 
provide the IM Software Selection Team with a proof of concept evaluation and 
customer references.  

? The SST is having a challenge getting software prices from all three 
vendors.  GSS will be requested to support this effort at this early stage.  

? Each of the vendors license their software in a different manner.  Inktomi,
s licenses are based on number of documents indexed, Autonomy,s licenses are 
based on number of end users, and Verity,s can be a combination of server 
instance and end users.  The inability to accurately predict numbers of 
documents, users, and server instances makes a side-by-side comparison 
difficult.  

? The SST is continuing to work on the software evaluation report.  Customer 
feedback and pricing will be incorporated as it becomes available.

IM Strategy Proposal.
? Momentum from the pilot phase of this project is needed for the delivery 
stage ) the stage where we take what we have developed for a pilot and bring 
it to Enron corporate-wide.  To do so, an IM executive coordinator needs to 
be identified ASAP.   

? Allan Sommer is meeting with Price Waterhouse and Ernst & Young and will 
collect information on Knowledge/Information Management.  

? Although this project has task force accountability and timelines, no one 
executive has accountability for the budget.  True accountability lies within 
the organization which has a defined, approved budget for the project.  

? Information presented at last week,s Analyst meeting appears to support the 
need for a formalized, executive sponsored IM program.  

? The IM Task Force is meeting with EES next week to discuss the information 
released at the analyst meeting.