Subject: Information Management Weekly Milestones Report
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 03:23:00 -0800 (PST)

I will be circulating the report below weekly.  Please let me know if you 
would prefer not to be on the distribution list.

Information Management Weekly Milestones Report ) 1/26/01

Portal.
? Business Analyst presented IM Survey Results Report to technical team.  
Report shows what Business Units/Functional Units need to access from a 
portal.

? Based on BA report, technical team is developing a prototype portal to show 
the User Experience team for &look and feel8 input.

? Monty Myers joined the task force to represent portal development efforts 
for EES.  Challenges to access corp driven information from EES have been 
identified.  

? myhome.enron.com targeted as choice portal name.  

? Kathy Schultea will handle Andrea Yowman,s responsibilities for portal 
security development.

Unstructured Data Management/Enterprise Search Engine tool.
? The three competing products are Autonomy, Verity and Inktomi.  The 
Software Selection Team met with Autonomy and Verity last week.  Inktomi is 
being consulted via phone. 

? The SST is currently reviewing and completing the evaluation criteria 
matrix using input from the three vendors being considered.  The matrix 
results indicate the vendors have similar offerings.  We may need to pilot 
all three vendors.

? The SST plans to get quotes on software prices from all three vendors.  GSS 
has been consulted.

? BP Amoco was contacted to gain their perspective on Autonomy.  BP,s 
application of Autonomy appears to be similar to what Enron desires.  The 
Autonomy project has been in progress at BP since March 2000.  The 
implementation has not been smooth.  Three other BP contacts were suggested 
for additional testimony.  BP concluded Autonomy was an immature product.  
Every challenge encountered resulted in Autonomy bringing in consultants to 
develop patch solutions to resolve.  On a side note, BP uses a product from 
Addept Software (UK) that serves the same function as what is envisioned with 
Expert Finder.  More details on how this product is used will follow.  

? EES is looking to purchase Verity.  Azurix is already using Verity.  EBS 
has agreed to purchase/pilot Autonomy.

? Enron London had a negative experience piloting Autonomy.

? The UDM/ESE tool of choice needs to respect existing authority for 
confidentiality. Each vendor,s product is being tested for confidentiality 
and  security.

IM Strategy Proposal.
? Steve Kean is scheduled to attend the February 7th IM Task Force Meeting.  
The Task Force will present the IM Strategy proposal and the  recommendation 
to appoint an executive coordinator for IM ASAP.  Similar to Rick Causey,s 
sponsorship of SAP, we will request like sponsorship for IM.  

? Task force members are collecting examples of duplicate efforts.