Subject: Knowledge Management Survey
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 03:58:00 -0700 (PDT)

Background
At the Napa meeting in December, one of the Working Groups established was 
for Knowledge and Information Management.  The group,s mission is to develop 
a system for capturing and distributing knowledge and information.  The pilot 
version of the group,s efforts is tentatively scheduled to be launched in 
September 2000.

Overview
The product is a web based application to store knowledge and information, 
initially for Public Affairs as a pilot program, then as a system for all of 
Enron.  The system will be populated and maintained by users.  The goal is be 
able to find specific data with as few &clicks8 as possible, so data will be 
searchable and linkable between documents and topics.  Each document will be 
summarized, and will be &sanitized8 to prevent confidential data from being 
distributed from the system.  Input to the system will be subject to a review 
process.  Documents in the system will include white-papers, presentations, 
process histories and/or summaries, articles, links to external sites, and 
any other information identified as &knowledge8 through this survey and as 
the system evolves that would be valuable to others in the company.  (See 
attached diagram.)

Request
For the initial population of the system, we request your assistance in 
developing a directory of Public Affairs experts who have specific knowledge 
and can best communicate it.  To do so, we ask for your input through the 
attached survey.  We will contact the identified experts directly to solicit 
their submissions to the system.  Your participation and recommendations are 
essential in making this system a shared success.  Thank you in advance for 
your support!

Please return your response to Elizabeth Linnell and Ricardo Charvel.  We're 
looking for as many responses as possible before July 5 so that we can review 
them during our next working group meeting.  Any and all responses will be 
appreciated!