Subject: Steve's presentation - Highlands Forum
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 15:09:00 -0700 (PDT)

Dick,

This is the presentation Steve would be using on Monday.  I called you to coordinate but there was no answer at your office.  Could you please confirm me that you received this message and that the presentation would be up and running on Monday?  Steve will have a backup with him just in case. Please, do not print, forward or distribute copies of this presentation since it is against our company policies. Thanks in advance. 

Best regards,

Ursula Brenner
ENRON CORP.
+1(713)345-3787

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

"Dick O'Neill" <[email-masked]> on 06/12/2001 04:45:35 PM
Please respond to <[email-masked]>
To:	<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
cc:	 

Subject:	Highlands Forum information

Dear Steve--we are approaching the Secretary of Defense-sponsored Highlands
Forum and very much looking forward to your participation.  I am sending
several attachments to you and Ursula and Maureen regarding the program and
the logistics that are updated from earlier versions.

With regard to the program, we are very pleased that you are going to be
with us to be the centerpiece of our discussion.  Enron's experience is
quite important to us as we seriously consider transformative change in the
Department of Defense.  I have given copies of Dick Foster's new book,
Creative Destruction, to the Deputy Secretary of Defense as well as the
Assistant Secretary, and the Enron case that he outlines makes for important
discussion. We intend to hand out copies to the participants at the Forum.

My thought is that you would give us 15 minutes on transformation in a
competitive environment and some examples of discontinuities that you took
advantage of--also your corporate culture and sense of risk taking (risk is
something that is particularly important to discuss with our defense
leadership).  We are looking to move beyond "cultural lock-in".  You would
be joined on  the panel by moderator Philip Evans of the Boston Consulting
Group, and engage in a discussion with Goran Lindahl, CEO of ABB (Roger
Ackerman called today to apologize, but he will not be able to
attend--evidently a serious family illness is taking him away immediately)
and Dick Foster.  We hope that most of the panel time will be discussion
with each other and the audience, so that our defense leaders can pose
questions to you and drill down on topics of great interest. Phil Condit,
Chairman and CEO of Boeing,  will open Tuesday morning with his remarks on
Boeing's transformation in progress.  I would have had him on your panel,
however he will be at Boeing's annual board meeting on Monday and won't be
able to get to us until late afternoon.  He will be with us for dinner and
then all day on Tuesday.

Regarding logistics, we have your room reserved for you for Sunday and
Monday evenings, June 24-25.  We begin the meeting with a wine and hors
d'oeuvres reception on Sunday from 5-7 PM in the Carmel Highlands at the
private oceanside residence of Bob and Carol Wallyn, our hosts for the first
Forum seven years ago.  Our guest of honor is Congressman Mac Thornberry.
We will be taking shuttle vans from Quail Lodge to the Wallyns as the road
is quite narrow down the cliff and there is very little parking anywhere
nearby.  The vans should depart the Lodge between 4:30 and 5 pm from the
lobby and return at 7.  Everyone is free to make their own dinner plans for
the evening after the reception.

If I have left anything out please let me know.  Looking forward to meeting
you in Carmel Valley.

Best regards, Dick

Dick O'Neill
The Highlands Group
http://www.highlandsgroup.net
301-469-7400
301-469-5878 fax