Subject: SEC Filing; Alternative PUHCA Exemption - QF Relief
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 08:18:00 -0700 (PDT)

As a follow-up to my voice mail, attached is a copy of the one page Overview 
that I forwarded to Mark Palmer, Mark Koenig, Mark Metts and Mitch Taylor 
providing an overview of the Application that we are planning on filing with 
the SEC tomorrow.  The attachment is in Power Point.

Because the Application will be filed via Edgar, it will be publicly 
available and thus the reason for alerting Mark Palmer and Mark Koenig.

Joe Sutton approved the filing yesterday, and I am waiting to hear back from 
Jim Derrick that  Ken Lay and Jeff Skilling have approved making the filing.  
As soon as I get a "green light," I will make the filing.

Mark Metts and Mitch Taylor will use the Overview to orally brief Sierra 
Pacific.  The important point for Sierra Pacific is that the Application is 
being made by Enron for legitimate business purposes unrelated to the PGE 
sale, and will not affect the PGE application.  In this regard, we have 
expressly indicated in the Application that the PGE application should take 
priority and not delay the PGE transaction, and we will visit with SEC Staff 
to confirm this treatment.  In any event, the SEC would request us to 
identify which application should take priority, and given the fact that the 
Application would become moot following a sale of PGE (and at which time we 
would withdraw the Application), the SEC should concur.

Please call me if you have any questions.  I also previously prepared a 
longer presentation for other members of our management and can provide this 
to you if you need further information.

Regards,
Robert