Subject: Re: MEC
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:11:00 -0700 (PDT)

I think it would be useful to verify their view that they are really only 2-3 
years from commercial production.  Ideally, we could get that confirmation 
from someone familiar with the technology but without any financial interest 
in its success.  Their technology pitch sounded good, but I don't know enough 
to recognize the potential shortcomings.  I want to feel comfortable that you 
all feel this is real, then I would be happy to have me and my team spend 
some time with them.

To: Rex Shelby/Enron Communications@Enron Communications, Steven J 
Kean/HOU/EES@EES, Mike McConnell, Vince J Kaminski/HOU/ECT@ECT, Philippe A 
Bibi/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Kenneth Lay/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Fabricio Soares/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: MEC

Thank you for participating in yesterday's meeting.  We spoke with Harvey and 
Jim after the meeting and they took to speed to market comments to heart.  
There is an opportunity for Enron to participate with MEC in the early 
development of their company, but it seems the one thing they want is the one 
thing we also want, people.  I would appreciate your thoughts and comments on 
the possiblity of creating a small team that could work directly with MEC as 
part of a potential investment and strategic relationship.  Given our 
resource constraints, this would most likely be part of the organization that 
sees the greatest strategic impact from MEC's development.

Mark
x37408