Subject: Virginia Manufacturers Association Seminar -- June 19, 2001
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 02:24:00 -0700 (PDT)

Steve - take a look at this and contact the sponsor with a yes or no.  Thanks
---------------------- Forwarded by Steven J Kean/NA/Enron on 05/10/2001 
09:23 AM ---------------------------
   
	Enron Capital & Trade Resources Corp.
	
	From:  Sherri Sera                           05/09/2001 12:06 PM

To: Mark Palmer/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Steven J Kean/NA/Enron@Enron
cc:  

Subject: Virginia Manufacturers Association Seminar -- June 19, 2001

Is this anything we want to get involved in?  SRS
---------------------- Forwarded by Sherri Sera/Corp/Enron on 05/09/2001 
12:07 PM ---------------------------

[email-masked] on 05/09/2001 11:46:21 AM
To: [email-masked]
cc: [email-masked], [email-masked] 

Subject: Virginia Manufacturers Association Seminar -- June 19, 2001

Sherry, thanks for your guidance concerning the possibility of an Enron
participant for the VMA's Seminar on Electric Utility Restructuring
scheduled for June 19, 2001.  I serve as Chairman of the VMA's Energy
Resources Committee which will be responsible for the seminar and the
day-long agenda it will entail.

As I explained, depending upon the availability of Mr. Skilling or another
key individual, the VMA  is offering Enron an opportunity to participate in
its seminar in an important way.  We seek to have Enron speak on the
subject of the developing competitive market and how that market may be
accessible and beneficial to VMA's member manufacturers which include many,
if not most, of the large companies residing in Virginia.  The purpose of
the seminar is entirely educational, as customers in Virginia will be able,
under the terms of the Electric Utility Industry Restructuring Act passed
in 1999, to choose their supplier of electricity as early as January 1,
2002, and by no later than January 1, 2003.  The subject is becoming a high
priority for VMA members, given the prominence of energy issues today
generally, and the imminence of the date when choice will be available to
Virginia customers.

We envision that Enron's message could be encouraging for VMA members who
today hear much about the dilemma in California (another seminar
participant will speak on the status of restructuring initiatives in
California and other states) and understandably wonder about the prospects
for successful competition and effective choice in Virginia.  Enron could
hopefully explain how market benefits might accrue to manufacturers once
the day of choice arrives, touching on Enron's online trading platform,
aggregation possibilities (an alternative which the VMA, as an umbrella
organization, is considering), and related topics.

The seminar will begin at 8:30am and conclude at 4:30pm, with the possible
Enron presentation beginning immediately following lunch at 1:00pm.  We
expect good attendance on the part of VMA members, and plan to offer
attendance opportunities to regulatory commission personnel, legislators
and others who have been closely involved  with the development of the
Virginia restructuring model as it has evolved over the past five years or
so.

I will appreciate hearing from you at your earliest convenience, and again
thank you for your assistance.  I will be happy to discuss the particulars
with you or anyone else, should that be helpful, and can be reached at
AEP's state office in Richmond at 804-698-5511.