Subject: Re: Gray Davis meeting
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 08:30:00 -0700 (PDT)

I think the meeting is on Wednesday, but if you can be there (Sacremento, I 
expect) you should.  As I mentioned in my voicemail, I think the meeting will 
not be particularly substantive;  more likely it is a photo op for the 
governor to show how tough he is on the pirate generators.  Based on your 
message below, should we still plan to send somebody?  I still think we 
should if we can manage the legal risk.

Mike:  would you be able to attend as well?

From: Richard B Sanders@ECT on 05/06/2001 10:45 AM
To: Steven J Kean/NA/Enron@Enron
cc:  

Subject: Gray Davis meeting

As I indicated in my VM, I will be in LA early Tues morning. Would you like 
to talk about the isuues before your meeting--or would you like me to go? 
----- Forwarded by Richard B Sanders/HOU/ECT on 05/06/2001 10:43 AM -----

	"Shohet, Jeff" <[email-masked]>
	05/04/2001 10:48 AM
		 
		 To: "Doron Ezickson" <[email-masked]>, "Gary Fergus" 
<[email-masked]>, "Gerald L. McMahon" <[email-masked]>, "James Ransom" 
<[email-masked]>, "Jean Frizzell" <[email-masked]>, 
"Jeffrey Davidson" <[email-masked]>, "Jennifer A. Hein" 
<[email-masked]>, "Jennifer Costa" <[email-masked]>, 
"John Hershberger" <[email-masked]>, "Laura H. Roppe" <[email-masked]>, 
"Mary Lou Peters" <[email-masked]>, "Michael A. Leone" 
<[email-masked]>, "Michael J. Weaver" <[email-masked]>, "Michael L. 
Kirby" <[email-masked]>, "Mike D. Smith" <[email-masked]>, "Richard B. 
Sanders" <[email-masked]>, "Robert Williams" 
<[email-masked]>, "Robin Gibbs (Mr.)" <[email-masked]>, 
"Stephen A. Herman" <[email-masked]>, "Sydne Michel" 
<[email-masked]>, "Tanya Murphy" <[email-masked]>, 
"Tony Richardson" <[email-masked]>
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Gray Davis meeting

Williams, Reliant, Enron, Duke, AES, Dynegy, Mirant and Sempra have been
invited to a meeting with the Governor.  The press release provides: "The
agenda will include "unpaid debts, credit and the supply of power."
Williams is concerned about attending such a meeting of competitors without
the presence of antitrust counsel even under the sponsorship of the Governor
(who presumably acts as both the sovereign and on behalf of the buyer(s)).
We are looking into the Sovereign immunity and Noerr-Pennington issues to
determine how best to protect any such group discussions from challenge or
as evidence in any of the pending cases.  Are any of your clients also
concerned about this and are you also looking into these issues?
Williams would like to have a joint defense protected conference call
(perhaps later today if possible) to discuss this meeting and consider
whether antitrust counsel is needed for the group or if each participant
should attend with its own counsel.  Please let me have your thoughts and
whether one of you (or other counsel) is interested and available to
participate in a conference call.  Thanks/

Jeffrey M. Shohet
Gray Cary Ware & Freidenrich
Phone: (619) 699-2743
Fax:     (619) 236-1048
Mobile: (619) 933-2743
email:    [email-masked]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[INFO] -- Content Manager:

NOTICE:  This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) 
and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized 
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the 
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all 
copies of the original message.

To contact our email administrator directly, send to [email-masked]

Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------