Subject: Re: call to Sen Kinder
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 00:28:00 -0700 (PDT)

Nice work Kerry and Barb.  I think we should do the follow up work on setting 
a follow up meeting with the Senator.  Ken left it open whether he would be 
available when the Sen is in Houston, so we have made no commitment in that 
regard.

Janine Migden

04/27/2001 08:32 AM

To: Steven J Kean/NA/Enron@Enron
cc: James D Steffes/NA/Enron@Enron, Richard Shapiro/NA/Enron@Enron, Susan M 
Landwehr/NA/Enron@Enron, Kerry Stroup/NA/Enron@Enron, Barbara A 
Hueter/NA/Enron@Enron 

Subject: Re: call to Sen Kinder  

Thanks Steve. 
That's great news.  Just as an FYI, the memo that Ken worked from was 
prepared by Kerry Stroup and Barbara Hueter who are the leads on Missouri.  
As a follow-up, will Sen. Kinder be contacting Ken Lay directly or should 
Kerry and Barbara contact Sen. Kinder's office as the date gets closer to 
make arrangements? 
Please advise.
Thanks,
Janine

	Steven J Kean
	04/26/2001 08:07 PM
		 
		 To: Susan M Landwehr/NA/Enron@Enron, Janine Migden/NA/Enron@Enron
		 cc: Richard Shapiro/NA/Enron@Enron, James D Steffes/NA/Enron@Enron
		 Subject: call to Sen Kinder

Ken talked to Sen Kinder.  He made the points you had prepared.  Kinder 
agreed to shelve the legislation for this session.  He said he had been 
hearing from several others, including Proctor and Gamble (which has a big 
facility in his district) that the legislation was not going to help 
competition develop in the state.  He expressed willingness to work with us 
on a better package and also expressed interest in coming to Enron's 
offices.  He is going to be in San Antonio in August and would like to come 
to Houston around that time.