Subject: Re: New Computer for Handling Stock Awards
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 06:39:00 -0700 (PDT)

Do what you need to do; the system has to work.  The only question I have is: 
why doesn't IT just take care of this without a charge? This is not an 
extraordinary item or special request.  This ought to be something IT simply 
takes care of without us having to get involved or pay extra.  Am I missing 
something?

From: Aaron Brown/ENRON@enronXgate on 04/16/2001 09:41 AM
To: Steven J Kean/NA/Enron@Enron, Mary Joyce/ENRON@enronXgate
cc:  

Subject: New Computer for Handling Stock Awards

Steve, 

The IT group put it like this..."Justification:  Current Server is  PL1850, 
and has reached it's capacity and is non-redundant."

That means that our current system:
(1) has a slow processor
(2) is nearly out of memory for stock award administration
(3) doesn't have a "real-time" back up in case the hard drives fails
(4) needs to be upgraded

The IT group has quoted about $19,000 for a new system that brings this 
server up to Enron's current server standards and takes care of the above 
issues.

Let me know if this expense is a problem and whether you need to be involved 
with these types of decisions in the future.

Thanks,
Aaron