Subject: Dabhol
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 02:41:00 -0800 (PST)

I agree with John's recommendations.
We have been doing surprisingly well in the press.  And, for the most part, 
those who write bad stuff are doing so based on ideology ... we are not going 
to convert them.
----- Forwarded by Steven J Kean/NA/Enron on 02/20/2001 10:22 AM -----

	John Ambler@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
	02/20/2001 12:08 AM
		 
		 To: Steven J Kean/NA/Enron@Enron
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Dabhol

Steve,

Please forgive the delay.  I was having trouble with my PC again (we have a 
replacement in the works).  We are discretely investigating this group a bit 
more, but the general conclusion is that they may be a front for one of the 
opposition groups.  We are preparing counter arguments for the general 
public, but do not see much value in opening a dialogue with this "group."  
We always have had opposition and we can expect that socialists etc. (some 
groups have boasted that they will storm the DPC fences on March 1) will 
begin to rally using us as a scapegoat for Maharashtra's financial 
difficulties.  At present, we are getting balanced press and I fear that any 
explanation/outreach to the most vitriolic opposition will be used against 
us.  I am available to discuss this at your convenience.

John
---------------------- Forwarded by John Ambler/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT on 
02/19/2001 11:55 PM ---------------------------

Maureen McVicker@ENRON
02/16/2001 03:30 PM
To: John Ambler/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
cc:  

Subject: Dabhol

Steve's out of the office right now - but will be back shortly.

Please let Steve know what you think.

Thanks.

----- Forwarded by Maureen McVicker/NA/Enron on 02/16/2001 03:29 PM -----

	Jeff Skilling
	Sent by: Sherri Sera
	02/16/2001 02:21 PM
		 
		 To: Steven J Kean/NA/Enron@Enron
		 cc: Maureen McVicker/NA/Enron@Enron
		 Subject: Dabhol
 
Steve, please look at the link below.  Jeff wants to know if we should get in 
touch with this group to explain our side.  Thanks, SRS

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=14354856