Subject: Re: Senate Energy Hearing
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 00:21:00 -0800 (PST)

thanks.  It amazes me how many people saw C-span ... I thought it was just 
for junkies like us.  I would like to get together in DC.  I don't have a 
date scheduled yet, but I seem to get there every other week or so.

	Jim Schultz <[email-masked]>
	02/05/2001 07:08 AM
		 
		 To: "Steve Kean (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
		 cc: Jim Schultz <[email-masked]>
		 Subject: Senate Energy Hearing

Steve,

Caught your performance on C span over the weekend by accident covering the
Senate hearings last Wednesday. You did a great job. I think Sen Murkowski
gets it, but many of the others clearly do not. 

I know it's a little late but wanted to thank you for your informative
comments at our Senior managers meeting last November in California. This
energy situation really has our CEO's attention and we are considering the
formation of a new industrial users coalition to promote sound comprehensive
energy policy. Just users. 

If you're in Washington and have some spare time, which neither of us ever
do, it would be great to have a lunch or something. As you know, we are
active on the hill and at FERC and DOE. On most issues, I am sure our
positions are the same.

Again, thank for your help with our Senior management. Hope to see you again
sometime.   

Jim Schultz
American Iron & Steel Institute
202-452-7180, 202-463-6573F
[email-masked]