Subject: Re: Spencer Abraham, note from Janine and Barbara
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 06:44:00 -0800 (PST)

Let's make sure that he gets our list of FERC Commissioner candidates (with 
special emphasis on Wood and Brownell).

	Richard Shapiro
	01/02/2001 02:19 PM
		 
		 To: Steven J Kean/NA/Enron@Enron, Linda Robertson/NA/Enron@ENRON
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Spencer Abraham, note from Janine and Barbara

FYI
---------------------- Forwarded by Richard Shapiro/NA/Enron on 01/02/2001 
02:19 PM ---------------------------

Barbara A Hueter
01/02/2001 02:10 PM
To: Richard Shapiro/NA/Enron@Enron
cc:  

Subject: Spencer Abraham, note from Janine and Barbara

---------------------- Forwarded by Barbara A Hueter/NA/Enron on 01/02/2001 
02:10 PM ---------------------------

Barbara A Hueter
01/02/2001 02:06 PM
To: Richard S Shapiro, Linda Robertson/NA/Enron
cc:  

Subject: Spencer Abraham, note from Janine and Barbara

Rick, We just heard the news that Spencer Abraham is being named Secretary of 
Energy.  Jim Crawford, our lobbyist in Michigan, has an excellent 
relationship with Spencer Abraham.  They are very good friends from their 
college days and through the  years.  They have also worked together on 
numerous political campaigns.

Last October at Governor Engler's request, Ken Lay wrote a personal check for 
$25,000 and we issued a corporate check for $25,0000 to the chamber of 
commerce to support Spencer.  This is not to mention any other support he may 
have recieved from our PAC.

Jim has always been willing in the past to faciliate meetings with Senator 
Abraham and will still be willing to do so with Secretary Abraham.  I am sure 
our DC office has a relationship with him, but feel free to contact Jim 
Crawford should you need any assistance.  He can be reached at 517-482-5000.  
Janine.  Barbara.