Subject: Re: Senate Banking Hearing
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 09:46:00 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Chris.

Rick - see the witness list below, in case you want to try to get some points 
through to these witnesses.

	Chris Long
	09/25/2000 04:14 PM
		 
		 To: Steven J Kean/NA/Enron@Enron, Joe Hillings/Corp/Enron@ENRON
		 cc: Amy Fabian/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Maureen McVicker/NA/Enron@Enron, Cynthia 
Sandherr/Corp/Enron@ENRON
		 Subject: Senate Banking Hearing

Steve: I got the copy of the letter on independent auditor from Ken Lay to 
SEC Chairman Levitt.   I suggest we transmit the letter to the Senate Banking 
Subcommittee on Securities in preparation for their hearing noted below.  I 
will prepare a cover letter for transmission. Let me know if this acceptable.
  
---------------------- Forwarded by Chris Long/Corp/Enron on 09/25/2000 05:04 
PM ---------------------------

	
	From:  Allison Navin                           09/25/2000 04:35 PM

To: Chris Long/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Senate Banking Hearing

This hearing will be held on Thursday, September 28.

Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee
SEC Audit Rule
Securities Subcommittee hearing on the proposed rule issued by the Securities 
and Exchange Commission (SEC) to restrict the types of services independent 
public auditors may provide to audit clients.
Witnesses: Arthur Levitt,, SEC chairman; John biggs, chairman, president and 
CEO, TIAA-CREF; Barry Melancon, president, American Institute of Certified 
Public Accountants; Shaun O'Malley, chairman public oversight board, Panel on 
Audit Effectiveness; Rick Antle, professor of accounting, Yale University 
School of Management
Location: 538 Dirksen Senate Office Building. 9:20 a.m.
Contact: 202-224-7391 [Link] 
Revised