Subject: Re: ENRON UNIVERSITY AFFAIRS
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 14:09:00 -0700 (PDT)

This could become a very deep pit.  I don't want to distract you from the 
primary mission, but there may be a solution which gets them what they need 
and doesn't pull you away from the North American effort -- you could 
"deputize" Jane Wilson to help out on this.  Jane, as usual, has embedded 
herself deeply in the Enron India organization as VP of Gov't Affairs and can 
be a sound source of information for you as well as an agent for you in 
India.  Think about contacting her and getting her help.

Also, we have never explicitly talked about whether your focus is North 
American or world wide.  My view is that it is worldwide, but that has to be 
heavily modified by the fact that most Enron employees (current and probably 
future) are here; while the US has many deficiencies in its education system, 
graduate education here is the best in the world; and we need to show rapid 
early success (and that's best accomplished by sticking close to home at 
least initially).

	Christie Patrick@ECT
	10/16/2000 05:18 PM
		 
		 To: Steven J Kean/NA/Enron@Enron, Mark Palmer/Corp/Enron@ENRON
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Re: ENRON UNIVERSITY AFFAIRS

Mark, Steve,

I'd be happy to get us involved with this, but I'm not sure how we're 
handling non-North American University affairs.

Please let me know and I'll follow up with Rajesh.

Thanks!

--Christie.
---------------------- Forwarded by Christie Patrick/HOU/ECT on 10/16/2000 
05:16 PM ---------------------------
From: Rajesh Chandra@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT on 10/11/2000 04:49 PM ZE5B
To: Mark Palmer@ENRON
cc: Christie Patrick@ECT 
Subject: Re: ENRON UNIVERSITY AFFAIRS  

Mark - 

We at Enron India are  working on a project to lay Fiber on the state 
utility's Transmission & Distribution lines and provide bandwidth.  We are 
talking to the Education Department of the Govt. of Maharashtra, to provide 
connectivity to some 2000 colleges and universities in the state of 
Maharashtra.   This is a big commercial opportunity for Enron.  Is there some 
help that we can get from your resources in understanding University affairs.

   Mark A Palmer, Vice President
    Corporate Communications
From: Mark A Palmer@ENRON on 10/06/2000 07:02 PM CDT
Sent by: Enron Announcements@ENRON
To: All Enron Worldwide
cc:  
Subject: ENRON UNIVERSITY AFFAIRS

Enron Public Affairs has launched a new initiative: ENRON UNIVERSITY 
AFFAIRS.  The overall mission of Enron University Affairs is to broaden the 
depth and scope of our relationships with targeted universities through 
building Enron brand recognition on campuses, leveraging research exchanges 
between Enron and the Academic community, and identifying commercial 
opportunities for Enron.  This initiative should also further Enron,s efforts 
to hire and retain the world,s most innovative employees.

Leading this initiative are Christie Patrick, Vice President, Mike Rosen, 
Director and Cindy Derecskey, in conjunction with her position as Public 
Affairs Coordinator will also work with the University Affairs team.

Please join me in congratulating Christie, Mike and Cindy on their new 
responsibilities.