Subject: Re: Help in Michigan
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 00:52:00 -0800 (PST)

John -- I'm copying Janine and Barb on this message as they are most likely 
to be able to identify someone.

Janine and Barb -- could one of you get in touch with John?

	John Stokes@AZURIX
	11/02/2000 06:45 AM
		 
		 To: Steven J Kean/NA/Enron@Enron
		 cc: Amanda K Martin/HOU/AZURIX@AZURIX
		 Subject: Help in Michigan

Once again, I come to you for help.  We were awarded a biosolids dewatering 
contract in Grand Rapids, Michigan about a month ago.  We had bid against the 
incumbent, a company called Synagro.  You may recall that Azurix is in 
litigation with Syangro over a busted acquisition, but the two events are not 
related.  In any case, we were low bidder, and the recommendation was made to 
award the contract to us.  Synagro has been working to get the award 
overturned, and appears to have been successful.  It is not yet clear whether 
they are going to award the deal to Synagro, or re-bid.  It is not even clear 
what the grounds are for overturning the award, which indicates that it may 
be pure politics.  

Do we have any good political consultants that could help us in Grand 
Rapids?  We do not have much of a presence in that area, and were responding 
to a publicly advertised bid.  Price and technical qualifications were the 
only issues.  Politics did not enter into it until now, so we were caught a 
little flat-footed.   

Any suggestions?