Subject: Re: Enron PAC Contribution
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 10:55:00 -0700 (PDT)

Response from Steve Kean:

Ken will be cosponsoring the event and asked us to do a PAC contribution.  I 
think your points are most valid and we'll reduce to $2,000.

	Joe Hillings
	10/24/2000 03:07 PM
		 
		 To: Steven J Kean/NA/Enron@Enron
		 cc: Richard Shapiro/NA/Enron@Enron, Cynthia Sandherr/Corp/Enron@ENRON, 
Carolyn Cooney/Corp/Enron@ENRON
		 Subject: Enron PAC Contribution 

Joe Hillings
Enron
1775 Eye Street, NW
Suite 800
Washington, DC  20006
202-466-9145
202-828-3372 (fax)
email:  [email-masked]

Steve: I understand that you are considering a $3,500 Enron PAC contribution 
to Congresswoman Shiela Jackson Lee. Chris and Citigroup co-hosted an event 
for Shiela last August in Washington which raised $17,000. Additionally, 
Enron PAC contributed $1,500 for her primary race (she had no race) and 
$1,000 for the general election. Her opposition is nominal. We have also 
handled various personal requests for her such as tickets to Enron Field. 

She has been helpful on several issues this year such as H1-B Visa and was in 
India with President Clinton at which she spoke to the Power Minister in a 
helpful way. Ken Lay and others jawboned her to get her vote in favor of PNTR 
for China although I think she was bargaining with everyone as she frequently 
does. Chris Long has developed a good relationship with Shiela but she seldom 
seeks us out and I think her "delayed" position on PNTR for China was 
unbecoming a representative from Houston. Houston will gain from PNTR for 
China. 

I would recommend a maximum of $2,000 to go along with our recommendation 
that she be more attentive to our positions on leading issues. 

Joe