Subject: Re: Hub and Spoke footnote for HQ
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 23:41:00 -0800 (PST)

In the first sentence could we say "transmission owning market participant".

	Christi L Nicolay@ECT
	12/04/2000 05:52 PM
		
		 To: "Andrea Settanni" <[email-masked]> @ ENRON, Steven J 
Kean/NA/Enron@Enron, Richard Shapiro/NA/Enron@Enron, James D 
Steffes/NA/Enron@Enron, Joe Hartsoe/Corp/Enron@ENRON
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Hub and Spoke footnote for HQ

See my changes included in footnote below.

"Andrea Settanni" <[email-masked]> on 12/04/2000 04:09:00 PM
To: <[email-masked]>
cc:  

Subject: Christi- this is how I changed the footnote. Is it ok? Let me know 
before I fax it.

Christi-  this is how I changed the footnote.  Is it ok?  Let me know before 
I fax it.

The "Hub & Spoke" analysis is an appropriate method for determining the 
ability of a market participant to exercise market power in transmission.  
Market based rate applications for transmission-owning utilities merit the 
same level of scrutiny as that given to merger applications, i.e., a 
competitive screening analysis followed by a more detailed behavioral 
analysis whenever the screen reveals potential market power.  Modernizing 
this type of market power analysis required with market based rate 
applications is of equal importance to that of improving the analysis for 
merger applications, as recognized by the Commission in its recent Filing 
Requirements Rulemaking, Order No. 642, Revised Filing Requirements Under 
Part 33 of the Commission's Regulations, 93 F.E.R.C. ? 61,164, 65 Fed. Reg. 
70,983 (Nov. 28, 2000); see also Sithe Edgar L.L.C., 93 F.E.R.C. ? 61,193 
(2000) (Massey, Comm'r, concurring).