Subject: FW: Security Update
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:59:43 -0700 (PDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 1:54 PM
To: Kean, Steven J.
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Security Update

Our information is that the emergency phone number is 3-6200, but your
message indicates that it should be 3-6300 (see below)......which is
correct?

    -----Original Message-----
   From:   Enron Announcements/Corp/Enron@ENRON   On Behalf Of Steve
             Kean@ENRON
   Sent:   Tuesday, October 09, 2001 11:04 PM
   To:     All Enron Worldwide@ENRON
   Subject:  Security Update

   Enron  has  been increasing security at its facilities around the world.
   Some  of  the  changes took effect immediately (e.g. additional security
   personnel)  and  some are phasing in.  While not all of the changes will
   be  visible,  there  are  a  few  that  will  have an impact on everyday
   activities.   In  all  the steps we take and recommendations we make, we
   will be making our facilities and systems more secure and endeavoring to
   increase  your  sense  of  security,  while  doing  our best to minimize
   disruption to our day-to-day business.

   Primary  responsibility for Enron Corp. Security resides in our business
   controls  organization.  You can contact this organization through their
   website  (<http://home.enron.com/security>), by phone (713-345-2804), or
   by                   email                  ([email-masked]
   <mailto:[email-masked]>).   John  Brindle, Senior Director,
   Business Controls, leads this organization.  Please feel free to provide
   John  and  his  team  with  your  comments  and  questions, or to report
   security threats.

   We  have  two  areas to update you on:  changes in the access procedures
   for  the  Enron  Center  Campus  in  Houston  and  changes to our travel
   advisory.

   Access to the Enron Center

   Over  the next few days, the following access control procedures will be
   instituted at the Enron Center (and other facilities where practical):

        ?  As employees swipe their badges at the card readers to enter the
           Enron  Center,  a guard will match the photo on the badge to the
           bearer.

        ?  Employees and contractors who forget their badges must present a
           valid  picture  ID  to  obtain  access to the Enron Center (U.S.
           driver's license, U.S. or foreign passport, or some form of U.S.
           federal, state or local identification).

        ?   Visitors to the Enron Center must produce a valid photo ID when
           signing  in at the lobby reception desk and must completely fill
           out  the  visitor card.  Adult visitors without a valid photo ID
           (U.S.  driver's  license, U.S. or foreign passport, or some form
           of  U.S.  federal,  state  or  local identification) will not be
           allowed access to the Enron Center.

        ?   Visitors  to  Enron  facilities  must  be  escorted by an Enron
           employee or badged contractor at all times.

        ?   Visitors  to  the  Enron  Center will be met in the lobby by an
           Enron employee or badged contractor, signed into a visitor's log
           at   the   lobby  reception  area  by  the  employee  or  badged
           contractor,   and   escorted   to  their  appointment.   At  the
           conclusion  of  the appointment, the visitor will be escorted to
           the lobby by an employee or badged contractor, the visitor badge
           collected,  and  the  visitor signed out in the log at the plaza
           reception area by the escorting employee or badged contractor.

        ?  Employees are also being asked to participate in the security of
           their workplace by following these guidelines; report suspicious
           activity  to  Security (phone 3-6300), do not open secured doors
           for  individuals  unknown  to  you  or hold doors open, allowing
           "tail gating" by others.

   These  will  be  the  first in a series of new security procedures to be
   instituted  at  Enron.   We  ask  that  all  employees be patient during
   congested  times in the lobby.  As we proceed and obtain increased guard
   personnel  and  equipment,  we expect the inconvenience to decrease.  We
   hope you understand these measures are being instituted for the security
   of all our employees.

   Travel Advisory Update

   With  the  beginning  of  retaliatory  strikes,  we  have  two important
   recommendations:

        ?   While  the  retaliatory strikes are ongoing, corporate security
           recommends that travel through or to the Middle East be avoided.
           We  continue  to  strongly recommend that all travel during this
           time  to  Afghanistan,  Yemen,  Pakistan, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq,
           Sudan,  Somalia,  Tajikistan,  Turkmenistan,  Georgia,  and  the
           Kyrgyz  Republic  be  canceled.   In addition, we recommend that
           planned   travel  to  Egypt,  Israel,  Gaza/West  Bank,  Jordan,
           Lebanon,  Saudi  Arabia,  Syria,  and  Algeria be very carefully
           considered.

        ?   For non-U.S. citizens traveling in the United States, corporate
           security  recommends  that  you carry documentation.  There have
           been  several  recent reports of non-U.S. citizens who reside in
           the  United  States being questioned and asked for documentation
           when  boarding  U.S.  domestic  flights. As a result, we suggest
           that  all  non-U.S.  citizens who currently reside in the United
           States  -  and who do not have Permanent Resident Alien status -
           carry their passport, Form I-94 and Form I-797 at all times.  We
           would  also  suggest  that Permanent Resident Aliens carry their
           Permanent  Resident  (Green)  Card as proof of their status as a
           precautionary  measure.   It  appears that Immigration Officials
           may be applying a section of the Immigration and Nationality Act
           that  requires  individuals  over the age of 18 to carry his/her
           "registration"  documentation  with  them at all times. This can
           include  a  Permanent  Resident Card, Form I-94 card, Employment
           Authorization   Card,  Border  Crossing  Card,  or  a  Temporary
           Resident  Card. Immigration Officials have not historically been
           asking  domestic travelers for "registration" documentation, but
           in  light  of  the  heightened  security  measures  and  current
           atmosphere,  it  would  be  best to be prepared with all of your
           documentation proving your current lawful status.

   We  will  keep  you  apprised of new information and developments on the
   Corporate Security website and by e-mail, as appropriate.