Subject: RE: Security Update
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 16:21:33 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for your message.  We met about the fire drill process yesterday
and will have something shortly.  One of the issues we are facing is the
absence of "floor wardens" -- people who know the procedure and can help
it move smoothly if there is a problem.  If you are willing to
volunteer, contact mike terraso.  thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 4:40 PM
To: Kean, Steven J.
Subject: RE: Security Update

Mr. Kean,
I want to thank you and your group for keeping us informed of new safety
rules so we all understand the reasons for the changes.  I have 1
question.

Will you be sharing/reviewing/revising fire drill/building evacuation
instructions.  In the past, our fire drills have instructed us just to
go
to the door of the stairwells.  If we really had to evacuate the
building,
where should we go after we exit the stairwells and building?  Would the
recommendation be to wait in the park area in front of ECN, walk towards
an
area that is not near high structures, a freeway underpass, etc. or is
that
decision left to our discretion?

Thanks, Lillian Villarreal - ETS IT group

    -----Original Message-----
   From:   Enron Announcements/Corp/Enron@ENRON   On Behalf Of Steve
             Kean@ENRON
   Sent:   Tuesday, October 09, 2001 11:04 PM
   To:     All Enron Worldwide@ENRON
   Subject:  Security Update

   Enron  has  been increasing security at its facilities around the
world.
   Some  of  the  changes took effect immediately (e.g. additional
security
   personnel)  and  some are phasing in.  While not all of the changes
will
   be  visible,  there  are  a  few  that  will  have an impact on
everyday
   activities.   In  all  the steps we take and recommendations we make,
we
   will be making our facilities and systems more secure and endeavoring
to
   increase  your  sense  of  security,  while  doing  our best to
minimize
   disruption to our day-to-day business.

   Primary  responsibility for Enron Corp. Security resides in our
business
   controls  organization.  You can contact this organization through
their
   website  (<http://home.enron.com/security>), by phone (713-345-2804),
or
   by                   email
([email-masked]
   <mailto:[email-masked]>).   John  Brindle, Senior
Director,
   Business Controls, leads this organization.  Please feel free to
provide
   John  and  his  team  with  your  comments  and  questions, or to
report
   security threats.

   We  have  two  areas to update you on:  changes in the access
procedures
   for  the  Enron  Center  Campus  in  Houston  and  changes to our
travel
   advisory.

   Access to the Enron Center

   Over  the next few days, the following access control procedures will
be
   instituted at the Enron Center (and other facilities where
practical):

        ?  As employees swipe their badges at the card readers to enter
the
           Enron  Center,  a guard will match the photo on the badge to
the
           bearer.

        ?  Employees and contractors who forget their badges must
present a
           valid  picture  ID  to  obtain  access to the Enron Center
(U.S.
           driver's license, U.S. or foreign passport, or some form of
U.S.
           federal, state or local identification).

        ?   Visitors to the Enron Center must produce a valid photo ID
when
           signing  in at the lobby reception desk and must completely
fill
           out  the  visitor card.  Adult visitors without a valid photo
ID
           (U.S.  driver's  license, U.S. or foreign passport, or some
form
           of  U.S.  federal,  state  or  local identification) will not
be
           allowed access to the Enron Center.

        ?   Visitors  to  Enron  facilities  must  be  escorted by an
Enron
           employee or badged contractor at all times.

        ?   Visitors  to  the  Enron  Center will be met in the lobby by
an
           Enron employee or badged contractor, signed into a visitor's
log
           at   the   lobby  reception  area  by  the  employee  or
badged
           contractor,   and   escorted   to  their  appointment.   At
the
           conclusion  of  the appointment, the visitor will be escorted
to
           the lobby by an employee or badged contractor, the visitor
badge
           collected,  and  the  visitor signed out in the log at the
plaza
           reception area by the escorting employee or badged
contractor.

        ?  Employees are also being asked to participate in the security
of
           their workplace by following these guidelines; report
suspicious
           activity  to  Security (phone 3-6300), do not open secured
doors
           for  individuals  unknown  to  you  or hold doors open,
allowing
           "tail gating" by others.

   These  will  be  the  first in a series of new security procedures to
be
   instituted  at  Enron.   We  ask  that  all  employees be patient
during
   congested  times in the lobby.  As we proceed and obtain increased
guard
   personnel  and  equipment,  we expect the inconvenience to decrease.
We
   hope you understand these measures are being instituted for the
security
   of all our employees.

   Travel Advisory Update

   With  the  beginning  of  retaliatory  strikes,  we  have  two
important
   recommendations:

        ?   While  the  retaliatory strikes are ongoing, corporate
security
           recommends that travel through or to the Middle East be
avoided.
           We  continue  to  strongly recommend that all travel during
this
           time  to  Afghanistan,  Yemen,  Pakistan, Indonesia, Iran,
Iraq,
           Sudan,  Somalia,  Tajikistan,  Turkmenistan,  Georgia,  and
the
           Kyrgyz  Republic  be  canceled.   In addition, we recommend
that
           planned   travel  to  Egypt,  Israel,  Gaza/West  Bank,
Jordan,
           Lebanon,  Saudi  Arabia,  Syria,  and  Algeria be very
carefully
           considered.

        ?   For non-U.S. citizens traveling in the United States,
corporate
           security  recommends  that  you carry documentation.  There
have
           been  several  recent reports of non-U.S. citizens who reside
in
           the  United  States being questioned and asked for
documentation
           when  boarding  U.S.  domestic  flights. As a result, we
suggest
           that  all  non-U.S.  citizens who currently reside in the
United
           States  -  and who do not have Permanent Resident Alien
status -
           carry their passport, Form I-94 and Form I-797 at all times.
We
           would  also  suggest  that Permanent Resident Aliens carry
their
           Permanent  Resident  (Green)  Card as proof of their status
as a
           precautionary  measure.   It  appears that Immigration
Officials
           may be applying a section of the Immigration and Nationality
Act
           that  requires  individuals  over the age of 18 to carry
his/her
           "registration"  documentation  with  them at all times. This
can
           include  a  Permanent  Resident Card, Form I-94 card,
Employment
           Authorization   Card,  Border  Crossing  Card,  or  a
Temporary
           Resident  Card. Immigration Officials have not historically
been
           asking  domestic travelers for "registration" documentation,
but
           in  light  of  the  heightened  security  measures  and
current
           atmosphere,  it  would  be  best to be prepared with all of
your
           documentation proving your current lawful status.

   We  will  keep  you  apprised of new information and developments on
the
   Corporate Security website and by e-mail, as appropriate.