Subject: FW: Good morning
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 05:38:28 -0700 (PDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: Siegel, Misha 
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 2:40 PM
To: Derrick Jr., James; Haux, Katrin; Kean, Steven J.; Kimberly, Kelly
Cc: Ventura, Cynthia; Olson, Cindy
Subject: FW: Good morning

 
Attached is a list of speakers that the Houston Forum is bringing to town.  Enron is a corporate member of this organization.  Each of the speakers has a different focus area, so I am routing this to each of you for your individual input.  If you think that we should underwrite any of these, please let me know.
Thanks for lending your expertise.
Misha
3-7682 

 -----Original Message-----
From: Olson, Cindy 
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 2:22 PM
To: Siegel, Misha
Subject: FW: Good morning

Misha please handle. 
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 11:00 AM
To: Olson, Cindy
Cc: Kalmans, Elyse
Subject: Good morning

Dear Ms.Olson: 

I was speaking with Missy Stephens yesterday and she told me you would be the 
appropriate person to address this request. 

I am excited to be working on many development and event projects, and it is 
in that context that I write. 

I know you are familiar with The Houston Forum's long-standing reputation as 
the preeminent speakers forum in Houston. I know they welcome your support 
and sponsorship in any way you deem appropriate, but we hope Enron is able to 
participate as a program underwriter and/or sponsor. The following is a list 
of the confirmed speakers over the next several months as well as those 
pending for 2002: 

1. The Honorable Alberto Gonzales, Cousel to the President George  W. Bush 
will join us for a luncheon program on Sept. 7th at the Houston Club. This 
program is being done in conjunction with the Houston Bar Association. 

2. Robert Reynolds-Vice Chairman and COO of Fidelity Investments is 
presenting on September 19th in a late afternoon event at the Junior League. 

3. Septemeber 24th is our Energy Roundtable luncheon program-moderated by 
Matt Simmons of Simmons & Co.-at the Hyatt Regency. 

4. On October 3rd, we host Supachai Panitchpakdi of Thailand-the director 
General of the World Trade Organization. This is a luncheon program to be 
held at the Houston Club. 

5. November 13th we will welcome presidential historian and analyst, Michael 
Beschloss. Dr. Beschloss will discuss his most recent publication on the 
tapes of President Lyndon Johnson. This will be a very popular event and 
there are special sponsorship opportunities attendant with it. 

6. On December 6th, we are pleased to host The Honorable David Ivry-Israel's 
Ambassador to the United States. This afternoon program will take place at 
the Junior League. 

7. March 11, 2002, is the date for our luncheon program at the Hyatt Regency. 
Our very special guest will be the Honorable James A. Baker III, 61st U. S. 
Secretary of State. This event will certainly sell out. 

8. State Senator Rodney Ellis will join us on April 28, 2002. 

Robert Bartley, Editor of the Wall Street Journal, will be speaking in 2002, 
but the date and venue are pending. We are also planning on hosting the 
Honorable John Breaux, U. S. Senator, and Cabinet officials Paul O'Neill and 
Spencer Abraham. 

If I might, let me share with you the particulars of the sponsorships and 
underwriting options available to  you. 

A sponsorship of $10,000 will enable you or your designee to introduce the 
speaker from the podium. You will also be given 8 memberships for a year and 
2 tables for the luncheon that you particularly sponsor. Additionally, you 
will have your logo on the program on the day of the event as well as on the 
website that enumerates all of our programs. You and your designees will be 
able to attend all private receptions before our events. 

A $2,500 sponsorship will provide Enron program logo exposure on the day of 
the event, a free table for 10 on that date, an invitation to the private 
reception prior to the event and a presence on our website. Finally, you will 
be given 4 complimentary memberships for a year. 

A donation of $1,000 will enable you to place your logo on our program on the 
day of the event. 

All of your sponsorships/donations are tax deductible and you will be 
identified as a sponsor in all of our corporate literature for a year. 

The November 13th program with Dr.Beschloss provides, as mentioned, special 
visibility. In addition to all things inherent in the $2,500 sponsorship, a 
$7,500 donation gives that particular sponsor a chance to print and insert 
corporate bookplates in all of our speaker's books to be sold at the event. 
You will also be able to separately sponsor a dinner with Dr. Beschloss and 
the guests of your choice. 

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to visit 
with  you in person if you would like. Again, thank you for your time and 
consideration of these high profile programs. I will follow up on this note 
in 2 weeks. 

Sincerely, 

Sherry Solomon 
On behalf of The Houston Forum 

Event Planners Plus, Inc. 
11005 Francoise Blvd. 
Houston, Texas 77042 

713-785-8816 (office) 
713-787-9678 (fax) 
[email-masked] (e-mail) 
website-www.eventplannersplus.org