Subject: Pipeline Safety activities week of 6/12
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 14:28:00 -0700 (PDT)

Joe & FGA Team:

Just wanted to make you aware that there will be a great deal of activity 
next week on pipeline safety legislation, with a markup of Senator McCain's 
legislation (S. 2438) expected in the Senate Commerce Committee on Thursday, 
June 15.

GPG Pipeline Safety VP Dave Johnson will be in DC on Monday the 12th through 
Wednesday the 14th, and we are setting up meetings with a number of Senate 
Commerce Committee members & staff.   Right now we have meetings planned with 
staff for Sens. McCain, Hollings, Gorton, Lott, Hutchison, Frist, Ashcroft, 
Burns, Snowe, Breaux and Murray.

INGAA stumbled into good timing by scheduling its "Pipeline Summit 2000" for 
Wednesday the 14th at the Hyatt on Capitol Hill, so a number of senior 
pipeline execs will be in town and can be called into action to lobby.   Phil 
Lowry, Managing Director of Operations for GPG will be speaking on a panel on 
Wednesday afternoon.

Also, since there will be a few CEOs in town, we are joining forces with El 
Paso and Duke to get some member meetings -- right now we have Sens. 
Hutchison and Breaux confirmed for the 13th.   Stan Horton was going to be 
traveling elsewhere, but is strongly considering re-arranging his schedule to 
come to DC on the 13th and 14th.   As incoming chairman of INGAA next year, 
he is very engaged on pipeline safety legislation, and wants to play an 
active role at this critical juncture.  I will advise you if Stan confirms 
his trip to DC.

If you would like additional information on this issue or our efforts, I will 
be at the Government Affairs Meeting in Ontario and will be happy to fill you 
in in more detail.