Subject: Enron Government Relations-WTO Working Group Objectives and Goals
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 07:54:00 -0800 (PST)

Terry: I am pleased that you will serve and appreciate your question asking 
for objectives and goals.  The goal is to get information defining what each 
Enron group wants in energy services liberalization. Second is to have them 
define by country the impediments to our businesses that we want addressed in 
a WTO energy services negotiation and third, what groups or companies in 
various regions of the globe can we enlist to lobby their government in 
support of an energy services agenda.

Ideally I would like to have input by January 15, 2000. Perhaps we can all 
meet in Houston about that time to exchange written information, discuss it 
and plan a strategy for 2000.

I will attach the questionaire that Bob Fisher of the Hills group prepared 
from the Rachel Thompson paper that was distributed to Energy Services 
Coalition members in November and asked that they complete it by the middle 
part of December which is today. So far we have had very little response.  
The WTO is to meet in Geneva this week to decide a schedule to consider 
"services" starting this year. Despite the fact that Seattle did not launch a 
formal round of negotiations, the Uruguay Round concluded seven years ago 
mandated that the WTO begin negotiations on agrucultural and services 
liberalization in 2000. The next formal meeting of the WTO is January 25 in 
Geneva.

Joe