Subject: Your Memo Re Working Group Progress
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 21:16:00 -0800 (PST)

Joe Hillings
Enron
1775 Eye Street, NW
Suite 800
Washington, DC  20006
202-466-9145
202-828-3372 (fax)
email:  [email-masked]

Steve: We had an outstanding kidk off meeting in Houston and then two 
additional meetings of declining participation. We have copied the Enron WTO 
Working Group on various e-mails but other than Geneen Migden and of course 
Rick Shapiro in his supervisory role have had no input except from Chris and 
Steve. Steve has been communicating directly with EBS on the growing 
e-commerce and audio visual aspects of the WTO services negotiation launch 
which we are anticipating in the spring. We now have concerns in the 
financial services area (trading) which  may be emerging. I copied our 
Washington group this morning on a confidential ISAC 13 document I received 
yesterday which Bob Fisher recommended that we examine closely regarding 
financial services.

I think a WTO task force continues to have merit but perhaps should be 
staffed by people from EBS, Enron's financial services people, perhaps a Tom 
Briggs and chaired by Linda if you see the growing aspects of our work on WTO 
services. We also need the help of our trade professional Bob Fisher.