Subject: ERCOT Mid Marketer
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 01:30:00 -0800 (PST)

The ERCOT team has met with Joe Des Champs for the Mid Marketing position in 
our region.  It is my understanding that you must interview Joe before we can 
make him a job offer.  I would like to proceed with the interview process.  
Joe worked for me at Williams as the lead trader in the West.  Here are my 
thoughts on Joe and why he is a good fit for our group.

1.  He has a very good understanding of the trading business, especially 
natural gas in Texas and the western US.
2.  His personality is a great fit for Texas (especially with the loss of Jim 
Ducote).  Joe has a lot of successful relationships within Texas and relates 
well to Texans.  His initial appearance and manners appear to be easy going 
and laid back, however he is a very agressive and effective trader.  His 
command of the physical gas business is outstanding.
3.  Learns fast and relates well to traders.  I believe Doug and Joe will 
work well together.
4.  Likes to work the phones.

What he is not:
1.  He is new to the power business.  However, he served the Williams/AES 
plants in California.  So he is familiar with the power.

I would be glad to discuss Joe in detail or set up the phone interview.  I 
have attached Joe's resume.  Thanks.