Subject: Hearty Congratulations!
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 01:13:00 -0800 (PST)

Congratulation Jeff!

I am the Assistant to Gregory T. Adams in the New Jersey Office.  I would 
like to thank you and Ken Lay for graciously  giving of yourself and  your 
time during the EES Holiday Weekend.  It was an experience my son, who 
attended with me, will never forget.  Enron is a Class Act !  Again, 
Congratulations Jeff
---------------------- Forwarded by Angela Williams/HOU/EES on 12/13/2000 
09:43 AM ---------------------------

Ken Lay@ENRON
12/13/2000 06:01 AM

Sent by: Enron Announcements@ENRON
To: All Enron Worldwide
cc:  
Subject: Succession Plan

It is my great pleasure to announce that the Board has accepted my 
recommendation to appoint Jeff Skilling as chief executive officer, effective 
at the time of their next board meeting on February 12, 2001.  Jeff will also 
retain his duties as president and chief operating officer.  I will continue 
as chairman of the Board and will remain at Enron, working with Jeff on the 
strategic direction of the company and our day-to-day global operations.

Jeff will assume the role at a time when the company is hitting on all 
cylinders and is positioned for phenomenal growth.  He is clearly ready for 
the job, and after 15 years as CEO of this great company, I,m ready for a 
somewhat different role.

Our succession plan has been clear for some time.  This has afforded Jeff and 
me the freedom to combine our strengths toward building a company that 
continues to exceed everyone,s expectations, including our own.  We look 
forward to furthering that relationship as Jeff expands his role.

There are no plans for any other changes in our management team nor broad 
shifts in strategy and direction.

Please join me in congratulating Jeff.  I look forward to a great 2001.