Subject: Management Conference 2000
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 05:05:00 -0700 (PDT)

Ken,

I have been working to put together the business agenda for the Management 
Conference in November.  The theme I am proposing is "Reinventing Enron ... 
Again!"  I believe the theme is timely as we celebrate our 15 year history 
and address significant changes for the future.  

Attached is a draft of the agenda for your review.  I had an opportunity to 
run it by Jeff last week.  He was happy with the theme and the first day's 
schedule.  He asked that we keep the second day open given the changes that 
will likely develop between now and November.  He felt the second day might 
best be used to establish a new "manifest" for the company.   We will, of 
course, remain flexible.  However, I am showing you the agenda as Jeff saw it 
as an example of how the day might run.

Also, on the first day, we'd like to have a spokesperson from Blockbuster 
speak between Tom Peters and Gary Hamil.  Mr. Peters will help set the theme 
by discussing the need for successful companies to reinvent themselves.  Mr. 
Hamil will present tactical strategies for innovation.  Our thought is that a 
Blockbuster spokesperson could discuss their company's experience with 
reinvention -- they are in an interesting situation as the delivery 
mechanisms for their products are evolving.  Would you recommend we invite 
John Antioco, chairman & CEO, or Mark Gilman, president of New Media?  
Several have indicated that Mr. Gilman would be a more provocative speaker 
and better equipped to address the theme of reinvention.

I look forward to your feedback and/or suggestions.

Thanks,
Terrie James