Subject: Re: OPIC Reauthorization -- Passed in House 10/13/99
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 19:23:00 -0700 (PDT)

Joe Hillings:

 I think that I speak for the rest of the team when I say how grateful we are 
that u are there to help us in WDC. All of this would not be possible but for 
the hard work and initiative shown by you and ur team in DC. Thank you.

Sanjay

Joe Hillings@ENRON
10/14/99 04:05 AM
To: Lora Sullivan/Corp/Enron@Enron
cc: Joe Allen/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Rob Bradley/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Andrew S 
Fastow/HOU/ECT@ECT, Bill Gathmann/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, John 
Hardy/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Steven J Kean/HOU/EES@EES, Brian 
Redmond/HOU/ECT@ECT, Chris Long/Corp/Enron@Enron, Joseph W 
Sutton/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Terence H 
Thorn/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Dennis Ulak/EOG/Enron@Enron, 
Cynthia Sandherr/Corp/Enron@Enron, Jeffrey Keeler/Corp/Enron@Enron, Scott 
Reblitz/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Marc Eichmann/Corp/Enron@ENRON, 
Jay Sparling/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Carolyn 
Cooney/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Lora Sullivan/Corp/Enron@Enron, Kenneth 
Lay/Corp/Enron@Enron, Rosalee Fleming/Corp/Enron@Enron, Steven J 
Kean/HOU/EES@EES, Sanjay Bhatnagar/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Kelly 
Kimberly/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT 
Subject: Re: OPIC Reauthorization -- Passed in House 10/13/99  

To: Steve Kean: Steve, this has been a very good week for Enron. The OPIC 
authorization bill was passed by a big margin, the Defense Appropriation bill 
giving the President authority to extend the exemptions on India sanctions, 
success with the Trade Adjustment Act language important to a problem raised 
"recently" by PGE, good news on Cong. Barton's willingness to consider some 
positive language in the electricity restructuring bill, etc. Yesterday, 
Sudaker Rao called me from the Indian Embassy to read me a letter Ambassador 
Chandra wrote to Dean O'Hair , chair of the US-India Business Council 
thanking them and Enron by name for the success on the sanctions effort. Our 
US WTO Energy Services Coalition grew to 40 members and next week we lead the 
US-Bolivia Business Partnership on its trip to Bolivia to meet with President 
Banzer and others in the Bolivian political and business leadership. 

At Enron, Ken frequently cites the Enron people who involve themselves in 
making things happen. I think the items cited above are examples of what Ken 
says to all of us. Ken and Rosalee are always ready to get involved as they 
did in moving the position letter signed by Ken in the OPIC issue. My group 
did the preparation of the letter and moved it to the Hill in a timely 
fashion. John Hardy working from material prepared by Kelly Kimberly on the 
Cuiba update (the House International Relations Committee senior staff was 
worried that it could be used to support some adverse amendment) preped the 
staff and drafted a one-pager answer sheet. This over-all effort on the OPIC 
issue was repeated on all of the other matters assigned.

It is very rewarding to be part of an organization that constantly works to 
win. Ken's right; people do make the difference at Enron. Thanks to all.

Joe

Lora Sullivan
10/13/99 06:27 PM

To: Joe Allen/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Rob Bradley/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Andrew S 
Fastow/HOU/ECT@ECT, Bill Gathmann/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, John 
Hardy/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Steven J Kean/HOU/EES@EES, Brian 
Redmond/HOU/ECT@ECT, Chris Long/Corp/Enron@Enron, Joseph W 
Sutton/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Terence H 
Thorn/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Dennis Ulak/EOG/Enron@Enron, Joe 
Hillings/Corp/Enron@Enron, Cynthia Sandherr/Corp/Enron@Enron, Jeffrey 
Keeler/Corp/Enron@Enron, Scott Reblitz/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, 
Marc Eichmann/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Jay 
Sparling/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Carolyn 
Cooney/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Lora Sullivan/Corp/Enron@Enron
cc:  
Subject: OPIC Reauthorization -- Passed in House 10/13/99

The House just passed a four-year reauthorization of OPIC.  Some amendments 
were passed, however, none of them were "killers" for Enron interests.  The 
bill will now go to conference and we hope to have final legislation in the 
immediate future.

More information to follow.  Thought you'd like the most up-to-date news.

Chris Long