Subject: Re: Vice President Recommendation
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 01:12:00 -0700 (PDT)

Seems like an impressive candidate.

From: Steven J Kean@ENRON on 09/21/2000 04:38 PM
Sent by: Maureen McVicker@ENRON
To: James M Bannantine/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Cliff 
Baxter/HOU/ECT@ECT, Sanjay Bhatnagar/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, 
Rick Buy/HOU/ECT@ECT, Richard Causey/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Diomedes 
Christodoulou/SA/Enron@Enron, David W Delainey/HOU/ECT@ECT, James 
Derrick/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Andrew S Fastow/HOU/ECT@ECT, PEGGY 
FOWLER/ENRON@Gateway, Mark Frevert/NA/Enron@Enron, Ben F Glisan/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Kevin Hannon/Enron Communications@Enron Communications, David 
Haug/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Nancy Young/Enron 
Communications@Enron Communications, Stanley Horton/Corp/Enron@Enron, Larry L 
Izzo/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Steven J Kean/NA/Enron@Enron, Mark 
Koenig/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Kenneth Lay/Corp/Enron@ENRON, 
[email-masked]@AZURIX, Mike McConnell/HOU/ECT@ECT, Rebecca 
McDonald/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Jeffrey McMahon/HOU/ECT@ECT, J 
Mark Metts/NA/Enron@Enron@ECT, Cindy Olson/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Karen S 
Owens@ees@EES, Ken Rice/Enron Communications@Enron Communications, Jeffrey 
Sherrick/Corp/Enron@ENRON, John Sherriff/LON/ECT@ECT, Jeff 
Skilling/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Joseph W 
Sutton/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Greg Whalley/HOU/ECT@ECT, Thomas 
E White/HOU/EES@EES
cc:  

Subject: Vice President Recommendation

 I am recommending Linda Robertson (currently Assistant Secretary for the 
Department of the Treasury) for the position Vice President and General 
Manager of Federal Government Affairs.  Linda would head our Washington, D.C. 
office, replacing Joe Hillings who will be retiring early next year.

 Linda has interviewed with Ken Lay, Tom White, Mike McConnell and Jeff 
Shankman, who join me in this recommendation.

 Attached are biographical information on Linda and a National Journal 
article identifying Linda among the "Washington 100".

 We have conducted extensive reference checks on Linda.  Included among those 
was Secretary Summers who said:

"Nobody I know has the determination she has to get objectives met."
"Far more capacity to grasp the details than anyone I've seen."

 On Monday, I will seek Executive Committee approval to extend the offer to 
Linda.