Subject: Re: new commercial
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:21:00 -0700 (PDT)

Steve, Mark, Please note below and help me with a response. Joe
---------------------- Forwarded by Joseph W Sutton/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT on 
09/25/2000 10:20 AM ---------------------------

	Clayton Vernon @ ENRON
	09/24/2000 10:29 PM
	
To: Joseph W Sutton/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
cc:  
Subject: Re: new commercial  

Mr. Sutton-

You are a professed champion for what Enron is about, so I would like to make 
a comment regarding the new commercial for the weather products desks.

I think it is in extremely poor taste to have an effigy of a CEO shot in a 
shooting gallery. I think most decent people would agree with me here.

What are we saying? What are we saying Enron is all about? Are we really a 
dark and Orwellian ship?

There has been a lot of emphasis placed on becoming more sensitive, as a 
society, to the issue of gun violence.

Enron comes off demonic in this commercial, much like Nike comes off as 
satanic in their chainsaw commercial which NBC pulled.

Perhaps this is all a  publicity stunt, where we have CNBC refuse to run the 
ad and then generate an exponential increase in the publicity we receive. 
That would be clever. If not, I would ask you to reconsider the decency of 
the ad, and to ask the Executive Committee how a group of decnet people could 
design such an ad.

Sincerely,

Clayton Vernon