Subject: Cougars@Enron Golf tournament
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 05:27:00 -0800 (PST)

Good day to all,
Cougars@Enron is hosting our first annual golf tournament on March 26, 2001 
at Falcon Point Golf Club in Katy.  The purpose for the golf tournament is to 
provide scholarships for Enron dependants to attend the University of Houston 
and fund operating expenses.  Mr. Lay has graciously agreed to be our 
honorary chair for this event which will most certainly guarantee success.  I 
would like to ask that Enron participate in this event from a sponsorship 
capacity. Many Enron employees, University of Houston faculty, students and 
alumni will be participating and I believe that this will be a chance to 
promote the Enron name in all of those areas.  Considering that we are 
pushing the area of recruiting with this university, this will be an 
excellent way to enhance said efforts.  We will be marketing the sponsors 
through advertising, tournament recognition and special mention at the post 
tournament reception and dinner.  The levels are as follows:

Amount Level   What is received 
$5,000.00  Title sponsor  Advertising and recognition throughout the entire 
event.  2 teams of four to play the tournament.  Golf shirts, lunch and      
dinner  for sponsor participants.  Invitation to present scholarships at the 
scholarship dinner subsequent to the event.

$2,500.00 Gold sponsor  Advertising and recognition throughout the entire 
event.  1 team of four to play the tournament.  Golf shirts, lunch and 
dinner      for sponsor participants.  

$2,500.00 Silver sponsor  Advertising and recognition throughout the entire 
event.  2 people to play the tournament.  Golf shirts, lunch and dinner      
for sponsor participants.  

$100  Hole sponsor  Advertising at 1 hole of the tournament.

I believe that Enron would benefit from participating in this event.  The 
scholarships benefits Enron employees, there are 650 Enron employees that are 
graduates of the University of Houston who will take great pride in knowing 
that Enron supports their university, the recruiting program will benefit 
because deans, faculty, professional groups, students and alumni will be 
involved which should enhance relations that would beneficial to our efforts 
there.  

Please let me know what we can do.  I continue to believe that Cougars@Enron 
is a group that can benefit the company, the employees and the university and 
this tournament will be the key to its success.

Thanks for your time!!
Jeff McClellan
President-Cougars@Enron