Subject: SEC Panel on Investor Information
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 09:35:00 -0800 (PST)

Good phone meeting yesterday.  Afterwards, several of you kindly called me
with additional comments on the issues and procedures.  I also had
perspective from Nancy Peretsman, who couldn't participate in the call.
There are some differing views, I know, but let me suggest the following
next steps.

First, Tim Koller and I will prepare two things to send around:

1)  A list of the key issues, together with either (a) a suggested stance
for the panel on each; or (b) a clear statement of the different approaches
we could take.

2)  An elaborated treatment of the "intangibles" issue, together with more
examples and a shaper definition of a proposed recommendation.

On the basis of these two papers, we will ask each of you to e-mail or fax
your comments to me, and I will circulate the entire package of views to
everyone on the panel.

Tim and I will then prepare an agenda for a face-to-face meeting for late
January or early February.  This will give us time to digest the comments,
talk to one another, etc.  Based on the comments you send me, as well as any
subsequent discussions we have, we will also be able to prepare another
draft report for the meeting, no doubt with several bracketed parts that
will include questions for the group.

Thanks once again for your energetic participation.

Best wishes to all for a great Thanksgiving.

Jeff Garten