Subject: Availability for Thursday, January 11, Board Panel
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 01:54:00 -0800 (PST)

Topic:  The Increasingly Critical Role of Boards in Today's Rapidly Changing

World

Here is the concept:

Today's Board of Directors are confronted by unprecedented complex issues
(globalization, optimizing board size for responsiveness, CEO
disintermediation, diversity, option repricing, CEO evaluation, board member

removal, increasing importance of audit committee, diverse shareholder time
horizons (for whom do we manage?)

These Board issues confront both large established companies as well as
emerging growth companies.  Spencer Stuart would like to host a provocative
examination of  issues common to Boards of today as a panel delves into some

of the issues common to boards at both ends of the spectrum.

Spencer Stuart is the market dominator in Board of Directors work.  Tom Neff

and Julie Daum, leaders of SpencerStuart's global board practice, will lead
a
lively discussion with our distinguished panel.

Target                   CEO's and Board Members
Audience:

Format:                 Invitation Only

Anticipated
Audience:               25-30

Time and Place:      8 am, Omni Hotel
    Houston, TX

We feel that it would be very powerful (and we would be most appreciative)
to
have Ken and Mark Lay on the panel addressing issues confronting boards of
today, representing their respective backgrounds and experiences of serving
on boards.

I'd be happy to go over this in greater detail.  Call me at (713) 225-1621.

Please let me know as soon as possible if this date works with your
calendar.

Mary (Bass)