Subject: Demand Ken Lay Donate Proceeds from Enron Stock Sales
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:54:01 -0800 (PST)

Bryan & Aimee Giese
815 Monroe Street
Denver, CO 80206
[email-masked]

To Mr. Ken Lay,

I'm writing to urge you to donate the millions of dollars you
made from selling Enron stock before the company
declared bankruptcy to funds, such as Enron Employee
Transition Fund and REACH, that benefit the company's
employees, who lost their retirement savings, and provide
relief to low-income consumers in California, who can't
afford to pay their energy bills.  Enron and you made
millions out of the pocketbooks of California consumers
and from the efforts of your employees.

Indeed, while you netted well over a $100 million, many of
Enron's employees were financially devastated when the
company declared bankruptcy and their retirement plans
were wiped out.  And Enron made an astronomical profit
during the California energy crisis last year.  As a result,
there are thousands of consumers who are unable to pay
their basic energy bills and the largest utility in the state is
bankrupt.

The New York Times reported that you sold $101 million
worth of Enron stock while aggressively urging the
company's employees to keep buying it.  Please donate this
money to the funds set up to help repair the lives of those
Americans hurt by Enron's underhanded dealings.

Sincerely,

Bryan & Aimee Giese