Subject: NHK TV Interview - September 18
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 22:49:00 -0700 (PDT)

The Japanese government supported satellite network, NHK TV, has requested 
the opportunity to interview you for a special series they are producing, 
which has been tentatively entitled "America Week - Why the U.S. Economy 
Remains So Strong." The series is expected to air on October 2 - 6 on NHK's 
BS1 satellite channel to an audience of approximately 10 million.    The 
series will focus on innovative U.S. companies that are taking the lead in 
various segments of the favorable new economy.  In addition to Enron, they 
intend to cover firms such as Cisco Systems, Palm Inc. and AOL. 

We have arranged for them to interview you from 9:00 until 10:00 a.m. on 
Monday, September 18.  We will have them set up and conduct the interview in 
the board room.  If you agree and time permits, they also would like to 
briefly film you in your office and in a meeting setting, which we could 
stage in the board room.  

In the interview, the reporters will want you to explain how Enron has 
successfully changed from an old economy to a new economy company.  They will 
be interested to know what enabled such dramatic change and how Enron has 
achieved such success in B2B, broadband, energy services and merchant 
activities.  They also would appreciate your thoughts on how these models may 
apply in Japan, as well as your evaluation of the Japanese market and our 
general business strategy for the market.

By tomorrow, we will forward a tentative list of questions from the NHK 
reporters.  In addition, Joe Hirl and his group are preparing briefing 
materials on the Japanese market and Enron Japan, which will be faxed to you 
over the weekend.