Subject: Chairman Savage Honored
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 08:32:00 -0800 (PST)

THIS MESSAGE IS FROM THE SECRETARY OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES, ARTIS G.
HAMPSHIRE-COWAN, ESQ:

President Swygert asked that I forward the following memorandum to your
attention.

-----Original Message-----
From: Swygert, H. Patrick
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2000 5:48 PM
To: AllEmployees; Faculty; AllStudents
Subject: Chairman Savage Honored

      November 1, 2000

MEMORANDUM

To:  Howard University Community

From:  H. Patrick Swygert
  President

SUBJECT: Chairman Savage Honored

Frank Savage, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, was honored on Monday,
October 30, by the Governor's Committee on Scholastic Achievement of New
York State at its annual Robert F. Wagner Memorial Dinner Dance.  Chairman
Savage was cited for his leadership in education and commitment to the well
being of New York citizens.

Since its founding in 1955, the Governors Committee on Scholastic
Achievement has awarded approximately $5,000,000 to more than 3,500
deserving students in New York's public, parochial and private schools in
the form of four-year college scholarships.  Mr. Edward Lewis, Publisher of
Essence Magazine, served as Dinner Chairman.  I know you join me in
congratulating Chairman Savage.

HPS:as