Subject: Wisdom
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 04:34:12 -0800 (PST)

Dad,
I know this has been more difficult than I can conceive, so I did what every
good seminary student should and looked for something that might help a
little.  Solomon, when he was made king, asked only for wisdom and God gave
it to him as well as many other blessings.  The wisdom, as you well know,
helped him to be a great ruler.  There is no doubt God has already given you
great wisdom and will continue to bless your life.

You are always in my prayers.

Love,
Mark

5 In Gibeon Jehovah appeared to Solomon in a dream by night; and God said,
Ask what I shall give thee.
6 And Solomon said, Thou hast showed unto thy servant David my father great
lovingkindness, according as he walked before thee in truth, and in
righteousness, and in uprightness of heart with thee; and thou hast kept for
him this great lovingkindness, that thou hast given him a son to sit on his
throne, as it is this day.
7 And now, O Jehovah my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of
David my father: and I am but a little child; I know not how to go out or
come in.
8 And thy servant is in the midst of thy people which thou hast chosen, a
great people, that cannot be numbered nor counted for multitude.
9 Give thy servant therefore an understanding heart to judge thy people,
that I may discern between good and evil; for who is able to judge this thy
great people?
  1 Kings 3:5-9 (ASV)

29 And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and
largeness of heart, even as the sand that is on the sea-shore.
30 And Solomon's wisdom excelled the wisdom of all the children of the east,
and all the wisdom of Egypt.
  1 Kings 4:29-30 (ASV)

Mark Lay
713-552-9518

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT:
This information is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
confidential under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this information is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this information in error, please
notify us immediately by telephone at (713) 552-9518 or by fax at (713)
552-9403, and confirm that you have destroyed this information and any
copies.
Thank you.