Subject: GBC - Strawman Charter
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 17:25:40 -0700 (PDT)

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Thank you for the constructive dialogue and feedback you have provided to
the process of developing a charter for a Global Business Council at the
WEF.

As part of the process, we have solicited Council member feedback on the
proposed role, structure, governance, activities and performance of the
Global Business Council.  A large number of members have responded through
interviews, e-mail and faxes with their thoughts and perspectives.

You have clearly communicated to us that in order to be a successful and
high performing group, the Global Business Council needs to:

-    Have a clear and articulate purpose
-    Primarily serve as an advisory body
-    Work in a flexible and informal manner
-    Develop a balanced agenda of globally relevant business issues
-    Provide a forum to review these core issues in depth
-    Have meetings that provide substantive discussion to progress the core
agenda.

We have incorporated this thinking into a strawman charter for your review
and feedback.  We will include your comments on this strawman and develop
the next iteration of the draft charter by November 2nd.

As discussed, all responses and comments will be recorded without
attribution to the member source.

Thank you, again, for taking the time to support this exercise.

Sincerely,

Sunny

(See attached file: CHARTER OF THE GLOBAL BUSINESS COUNCIL 10-25-01v2.doc)

----------------------------------------------------------------
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.   If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any
computer.
 - CHARTER OF THE GLOBAL BUSINESS COUNCIL 10-25-01v2.doc